Author Topic: Gooner Misery  (Read 2404 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Gooner Misery
« on: November 04, 2012, 19:31:57 PM »
Tried the fish and chips yesterday, take away, and back home to watch the football,fish and chips excellent and really good value for 12 lira and big portion of fish too. food was great, Arsenal were rubbish.   :)
Yes to try the Fish and Chips Des, but I will visit soon.  On the point of Arsenal being rubbish, your not wrong, worst Arsenal performance I have seen against Man U .. EVER (no apology for shouting!!) but then again Des I did warn you that if Wenger was allowed to continue as manager then you would see the once mighty Gooners heading for mid table also rans.  Blimey look even the Spuds are having a poor start to the season, but they are still above us!!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Gooner Misery
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 19:34:31 PM »
Worse than last season's 8-2 drubbing? :o

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 19:57:39 PM »
Yes Scunner me old mate, sad to say even worse than the drubbing we got last year.  Here we are a year plus on from that terrible day, and we still do not have (or rather have not acquired or not let go) the players (and certainly a manager) who will allow us to compete for the title, or even a team who are up for it to compete in a head to head with Man U .... something we have always been able to do except for the last three years!!..  Blimey even Fergie is wondering what has happened to the Gooners of old for a fixture that he can relish on a head to head basis, irrespective of how either club is perfoming in the league.

It also doesn't help that your former Captain - who you let go for 'football reasons' - scores against you following a nervous clearance by your new Captain .... and don't ask me about Santos (who makes Eboue look intelligent) asking the former captain for his shirt at half time >:( >:( >:(

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 20:07:52 PM »
we tried this place on our recent trip, I had the fish and chips the chap asked me would I like mushy peas and tartare sauce yes please I said. when it arrived I am looking for the peas and sauce on my plate so asked the chap where they were, he had put a few little dishes on the table and pointed out one was the mushy peas kind of like a puree and a block of something was the tartare sauce  :) it was good though the fish was fab, we aso had the breakfast one day bargain at 7tl would defo use again  :) 

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 20:53:27 PM »
Ive never tried the fish and chips at the Emirates ;D

but I hope its better than the football, Arsenal looked very lacklustre yesterday and made a not brilliant manu look very good, not like a team at all especially after what we have come to expect over the years :(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 20:59:18 PM »
Ive never tried the fish and chips at the Emirates ;D

If your memory is particularly good Andy, you may remember we shared a table on a boat trip with a chef who's culinary skills were much sought after at the Emirates.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 21:24:09 PM »
so we did! blimey thats spooky :o

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 21:34:06 PM »
Strange name for a chef  ;)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 21:35:09 PM »
so we did! blimey thats spooky :o

I guess that could have been my ex neighbour Ian, he was a chef at the Emerates. i was very dissapointed wit Arsenal Wegner seems to have lost his enthusiasm.
Mark

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 21:55:58 PM »
Yep, Im sure it was ian  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf