Author Topic: Belated greetings  (Read 1375 times)

Offline wydad

Belated greetings
« on: November 19, 2012, 12:04:04 PM »
Hi everyone

I have been living in Turkey for 3 years now and the last two and a half years in Calis, Focah area between Pelin and cemetary.
I am Dave and I live over here with my wife Bev and our dog Harvey

Apologies for having taken so long before introducing myself to the forum - I have been leeching all the good advice on here for a while now and never really found anything new to add to the excellent advice already posted. After getting a big roof job done in the past week I was thinking of sharing my experience and realised that I had never posted anything before

Thanks to everyone for the great advice and I hope to be a positive contributor  :)

Offline angela

Re: Belated greetings
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 14:42:28 PM »
Hi Dave,
we are still in UK but are planning our big move, and spend a lot of time leeching from other people with all their advice and experience. what took you to Calis in the first place?

Offline wydad

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 18:08:50 PM »
Hi Angela

Well Bev and I decided that we wanted to get out of the rat race for a while and that we would have a mid life mini retirement and then worry about going back to work later.

We had been lucky enough to experience life in a few countries and always found Malaysia and Turkey to be the friendliest with warm hearted people, great scenery, hot and not too expensive. Malaysia was too far away for our first adventure so Turkey it was and so we rented in Ovacik for 6 months while exploring the coast from Marmaris to Kalkan. At the time we chose Turkey  as our starting point but were not committed and were planning to go to Cyprus if we did not decide to stay and then from there ... well we were just going to travel and see where we ended up

In all our searching we kept coming back to Fethiye and we found that Calis ticked the boxes for lots of reasons. We have honestly never regretted being in Calis and everyday we go out see the mountains or the beach and think wow  :)

To be honest Calis is not our forever place but nowhere is and we are just happy being here and staying for a few more years and see what life brings

Hope that helps and good luck

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 18:10:34 PM »
hi and welcome  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 18:12:12 PM »
Welcome to CBF Dave & Bev, we welcome "positive contributors" here  ;)

Offline Stan

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 18:33:20 PM »
Welcome , I really like the sound of a mid life mini retirement .

Offline bob 1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 19:27:41 PM »
welcome soooo jealous

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 18:36:52 PM »
Welcome to the forum Dave & Bev, positive contributions are always very welcome. Hope you enjoy living here for many more years.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf