Author Topic: Is it getting expensive ?  (Read 45628 times)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Is it getting expensive ?
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2005, 00:26:56 AM »
Just outside of Calis on the Gunlukbasi road wine is the same as crabbit says, sometimes it pays to keep off the tourist routes.
Yes, the Water Taxi is 2.5Tl
A meal in the local resturant on Tuesday for 4 with drinks was 66.00Tl tonight 4days later the same meal would have cost us 85.00Tl but as we are regulars they have kept it the same 66.00Tl, as the season progresses it does appear to become more expensive.

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2005, 17:08:04 PM »
Dave, as I have not yet done a PADI course, I shall just have to get the bike out and cycle along the promenade and spend the money saved at the first chay stop (or Efes!)
Pete

Offline leeds utd

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2005, 07:31:12 AM »
I think there are still plenty of cheap places left in calis . The decent restaurants and bars show their prices. If in doubt ask first,as there will always be the minority who want to make a fast buck

Offline suwater

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2005, 13:38:57 PM »
hisonaru bar owners meet up at the begining of the season to set the prices and they nearly always stick to thease as price cutting or ripping of is frowned on, does this not happen in calis?

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2005, 13:48:09 PM »
We were over there 10 days ago.The turkish government have recently increased the tax  on spirits . Its not turkish bars putting prices  up  to `test the water` .  If you buy a bottle of local brandy  at a supermarket  anywhere... the prices are the same 33lira a bottle
( last year it was  25 lira  )  a bottle of local vodka though for some reason  remains cheap at around  20 lira....  In Hisaronu  the  average price for cocktails  in the  bars  are now charging  10 lira , and in Olu Deniz  you might pay 12 lira ! In fairness  (  and we wined and dined out extensively )  we  found  most restaurant  prices  about the same as  last  year.  But we cant expect to visit each year and expect the prices to remain the same  can we ? and we cant  complain if there are slight price rises   annually  or every couple of years ... it happens  in the uk .....  and hopefully it will always be  cheaper  in turkey  wining and dining in the long term than it is in the   uk .  As for sky high property prices...  they are  already peaking out there as  there are  far more properties  for sale  than there  is interest  at the moment...  and all  those numerous new estate agents
( some  of which are cowboy operators trying to `cash in )  are soon  gonna  be closing down and left with  egg on their faces . To many chiefs, not enough indians.    So property prices will level off.  Anyway   we just had a super two weeks  in H  and Olu Deniz and have no complaints  with the  people or the prices.... fabulous !!

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2005, 13:55:47 PM »
forgot to mention the   Dragonero in H      mmmmmmmmm   super chinese and still as  cheap as last year....  and   for a Brandy and mixer  in H  in the bars  you will pay approximately  6  lira this season.

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2005, 16:12:38 PM »
We ate at the new Festival restaurant in Hisaronu last week (its beautifully decorated) and for 4 of us with a bottle of wine it came to a little over £50, not expensive I think. The most expensive meal we had was at the Orient and that only came to the same price but for 3 of us, that was including starters and wine. Compared to what we would pay in the UK still very cheap I think. If you want to keep costs down and eat great food the best places to go are the local Turkish restaurants.

Offline susie-q

• The Original CBF Susie-q
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2005, 17:33:34 PM »
Yes George a bit more than 25%!  Was just stating what someone had told me.  I noticed a definite increase in prices this year, but it's still a reasonably cheap place to take your holidays compared to european destinations....and much more beautiful

Offline samsirt

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2005, 21:03:02 PM »
I agree with you all totally that the prices of alcohol is alot more expensive than previous years. Being a bar owner in Calis I can confidentley tell you that the prices have risen due to the fact that the government have increased the price on alcohol. This has forced us to raise our prices to cover our costs. Im quite sure you'll find that wherever  you go in Fethiye the prices will be the same.
Unfortunately Turkey isn't as cheap as it use to be and unfortunately its us Brits that have pushed most of these prices up.
Sam

Offline Fethiye

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2005, 20:13:54 PM »

We have just posted a comparison of prices between UK and Turkey here http://www.fethiyetimes.com/main/cost_of_living_comp2.htm. Still needs a bit of tweaking but gives you the general idea.........

Don't forget the exchange rate plays a part too, and at the moment, its not so good for the GBP.....

gooey shoes

I

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf