Author Topic: Cappadocia  (Read 5119 times)

Offline mikeandpat

• Newly Registered
Re: Cappadocia
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 21:29:40 PM »
We have been to Cappadocia twice when we stayed in Side, really nice interesting place to go. Maybe better going on the bus to Antalya and then another bus to stay in Side,  then booking a two or three day trip from there as it is much closer. 

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Cappadocia
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 06:07:11 AM »
I would suggest you catch the bus from Fethiye to Nevisher, as mentioned previously, the scenery is wonderful as you travel into deepest Turkey. Once you reach Nevisher hire a car for a couple of days, don't miss visiting one of the fascinating underground city's and book yourself into a cave hotel. The one below Uchisar castle is lovely. 

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 08:37:35 AM »
Thanks for the info guys, but I think we will leave it until Phil gets early retirement and we have more time, or they put on a flight from Dalaman..

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 14:16:26 PM »
Thanks for the info guys, but I think we will leave it until Phil gets early retirement and we have more time, or they put on a flight from Dalaman..
We stayed in Kapadokya for 7 nights (in Goreme, Urgup and Selime) and filled each day with interesting, enjoyable and memorable things to do.

Offline sadler

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 10:29:58 AM »
Another one on my "list of places to visit".  I was thinking of making a trip to Istanbul, from U.K. and going from there, then back to Istanbul for a couple of days and down to Dalaman.  Seems a very complicated and expensive way of doing it, unless we book a separate holiday to Cappadocia and the surrounding areas from the U.K. and give Calis a miss for once.  By the way, what is the correct spelling of the place as there seem to be two interpretations on here?  ???

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 13:39:46 PM »
Kapadokya is the Turkish spelling; Cappadocia (sometimes Capadocia) comes from the original Greek. Whichever you use it means "Land of beautiful horses" - which strikes me as very odd since the immediate distinctive features to strike you are the peri or "fairy chimneys" rather than the horses.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 15:55:15 PM by Colwyn »

Offline sadler

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 15:32:03 PM »
Well you learn something every day!  Thankyou Colwyn ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf