Author Topic: Ttnet  (Read 2538 times)

Offline tuzlachap

• AWAY TOO MUCH!!!!!
Ttnet
« on: July 24, 2013, 09:45:10 AM »
I do not know if this may have been answered before.

I recently signed up with TTNET and had my internet line and what for me was a bonus, a landlines as well :D

The DL rate is supposed to be 8Mg but I only ever achieve a max of 6 Mg. At one point it shut off altogether, by this I mean that both DSL and Internet lights on the router went off :o

At the moment I am getting around 2Mg.

I can understand that the bandwith can vary with the distance from the exchange and I can work with 6Mg, but the h-lo bandwith swing is very annoying :(

Is this the normal sevice from TTNET??

TC

Offline philrose

Re: Ttnet
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 10:03:43 AM »
Yep! But it is worth ringing up TTNET's support line and getting them to check it for you if you are paying for 8mb and only getting 2. Also the 8mb is the total amount, ie upload and download speed if you run a speed test you will find that the
 8mb total speed would be split as 6mb download and 2mb upload speed..

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 11:00:27 AM »
I'm sorry - I moved this to the wrong section :o

Now in the right section - there is a treasure trail of clues from it's initial location to here :/

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Ttnet
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 11:51:20 AM »
Ringing customer services is likely to get you nowhere, after calling them constantly for 17 months, now they just say " You have no bandwidth " when are you going to provide me with some bandwidth ? " I don't know, this is a call centre" why is it that I've had an 8 meg connection " I don't know, I can't see your recent connection speed" when are you going to install broadband " I don't know, this is a call centre"

Last weekend I tweeted the CEOs of Turk Telecom and TTNET to complain, as expected, no response.

Good luck and if you crack it, please do let everyone know.

Offline Firo

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 12:17:48 PM »
Most of the packages are UP TO 8mbps......I tried to get a guaranteed 8mbps and they said they no longer offered this package.
So as long as you are getting UP TO 8mbps they see no problem! Customer service will usually tweek a few knobs and increase it when you call but it invariably goes back down at some stage.
So in answer to your question..Yes this is normal service from TTnet.  >:(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 13:03:46 PM »
In fairness the UK is the same - it's all "up to" here.

I'm pretty happy, I left Turkey when it was the crazy high speed 512k broadband - Virgin Media found it strange that I was happy with 2 Mb and didn't want the 10 or 20Mb package - but it was like warp factor 10 for me after TTnet. Since then they have upped their minimum to 10Mb, then to 20Mb - all for the same price as the original 2Mb as I am on the lowest speed available rather than any specific number.

It has to be "up to" - TTnet would be mad to offer guaranteed, and if they still did, would they compensate if they failed to maintain it? Nah  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf