Author Topic: Water Heater  (Read 1389 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Water Heater
« on: November 12, 2013, 21:38:59 PM »
Anyone had one of these fitted recently? I see Tekzen have an eco one at under 500 lira and thought it might be useful to save putting the immersion heater on.

Also am I right in saying that they just need to tap into the water system at any point as we have space on the wall and an electric plug in the upstairs bathroom and would prefer to locate it up there out of the way or it won't work for us.

Can you put them on a timer plug and just use them for an hour or so - say 3 times a day in the winter if you only want water at specific times and then turn them off in the summer?

We do have an electric immersion heater with 3 settings but I have been told you are heating the whole of the water tank on the roof just for a shower in the morning.

PS we have had electric showers in the past - but in our new place we would need to wire the shower to a plug socket too far away and don't want cable running around the bathroom.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 07:26:34 AM by Ian »

Offline tuzlachap

• AWAY TOO MUCH!!!!!
Re: Water Heater
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 11:29:50 AM »
Last time I was in Tekzen I saw timer plugs in the electrical section so I guess you could plug that into the socket then after setting the times, plug the heater into that.

TC

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Re: Water Heater
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 11:40:55 AM »
Good idea - I just so happen to have 3 or 4 of those plugs so that is the timer issue sorted  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf