Author Topic: Nicholas Homes - Wrong Bim Number  (Read 19628 times)

Offline fishman

• Newly Registered
Re: Nicholas Homes - Wrong Bim Number
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2014, 17:37:03 PM »
There is so much truth in many of your statements as it's been stated when we brought from Nicholas Homes in September 2002 we left them with our POA as we ran out of time.
When returned in the May 2003 our tapu was ready and waiting for us so in hinsight now it reads correct
Who's name was actually on the apartment we brought ?
Was it the right apartment (ie bim number ) correct ?
And can you trust developer/ company you are dealing with ?
Well in my case not, so please don't take this as correct as I said at the beggining of this thread my nightmare can be used as one not for others to be put though
Use a good lawyer and get the paperwork check
Good luck to those who are checking theirs now and for you thinking and still buying read all the above threads some great ideas and don't be put off not all these companies selling are crooks unfortunately for me I brought from the wrong company and of course the wrong family

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2014, 18:14:27 PM »
As a footnote, the people I know who's solicitor found a Yilmaz/Nicholas debt secured on their property - this was just a few weeks ago and their lawyer contacted "Mr" Yilmaz directly to ask if he was prepared to repay his loan.

He said he was not.

He was happy to borrow money and spend it, and let my friends pay for all the things he spent it on.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2014, 06:08:34 AM »
Makes you shiver with fear that it could have been you, as literally an innocent abroad making your first purchase of a property in Turkey.  Whilst at the same time it makes your blood boil that these despicable barks can get away with it.

Some good advice above, but how do any of us know - particularly as a first time purchaser - or perhaps that should be guarantee that you have the agent, or indeed lawyer, who is working for you, and that you have swift and certain redress if something does go wrong?  Yes I know there are good and reliable agents available, that you pick up from recommendation, but in the end it is not a guarantee underwritten by independent and insured redress process.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2014, 07:14:18 AM »
I wondered this yesterday as in it could be the tip of the rotten iceberg I thought long and hard and thought bury my head in the sand or do something about it so we are going to get ours checked next month....we also believed we were buying from a reputable agent/builder by purchasing with Nicholas, I have had a look at our tapu and our bim no is correct but that is not going to mean anything is it as in I would not know whether there was a debt outstanding on the property...

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2014, 08:43:55 AM »
I understand the above posts and it is an awful crime that seems to be far too widespread for comfort.
What I don't understand is why the banks are not in better control over this. Has the debt been outstanding for 12 years if so why have they not chased for repayment earlier or is the loan a mortgage and the builder is just paying off the minimum each month to keep the banks at bay?

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2014, 11:16:58 AM »
There's too much 'robbing peter to pay paul' going on, pure greed!  Trouble arises when the previous steady flow of 'peter's' dry up & they can no longer pay paul.... = the banks.

Imo, the banks know what's going on, they are part of the problem & are in reality colluding in these sickening frauds.  The bank I 'had' an account with, was also the bank the builder & co banked with.  In fairness they may not have known from the beginning because the first payment I made via a bank transfer (same bank) into a brits account, was then paid over 'In Cash' to the builder & emlak :(  By the time I paid most of the remainder (via bank transfer), they were very well aware of the problems I was having & who I had those problems with!

Only new laws & tight regulations will stop what is in reality 'Legalised Fraud'.  That's not going to happen any time soon if ever! & given the turmoil Turkey is in politically it's very low on their list of 'to do's' if, it's on the list at all :(

Offline fishman

• Newly Registered
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2014, 18:29:52 PM »
I know the subject has been covered by many people BUT we have just been informed of another owner who has found theirselves in the same position as we were.(£70,000)
So if your not sure please check all your details !!!

Offline susuz.1

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2014, 20:48:23 PM »
On the bank lending problem, the Government could easily introduce laws to protect the Buyer just by copying systems operating in countries such as England that was brought in under the Land Registry Act 1925, and no doubt such protection exists in many countries too. Unfortunately, the present Government seem more interested in restricting alcohol consumption than stopping corruption in the property market to the detriment of the innocent buyer.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2014, 22:34:56 PM »
Is there anything to stop property owners taking their Tapu's, and a translator, to the
Tapu Office to see if there is a debt on the property or does it require a solicitor,??

Offline panrucker

• Newly Registered
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2014, 16:49:27 PM »
Is there anything to stop property owners taking their Tapu's, and a translator, to the
Tapu Office to see if there is a debt on the property or does it require a solicitor,??

Hi yes you should be able to do this but would take a translator with you if you get any problems then please do get a recognized Solicitor.  Sule is very good and will get things sorted for you.  We have recently and our friends been issued with fake tapus so would ask everyone to have their tapus checked by a recognised person without delay as the tapus you will never know are fake as they are done very professionally until you go to sell your property. Please also be aware of giving power of attorney to estate agents.  We have been through hell over the last few months.  Please don't hesitate get tapus checked now.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf