Author Topic: Name and shame... beaten up and mugged in Uzumlu  (Read 36861 times)

Offline SteveJ

Re: Name and shame... beaten up and mugged in Uzumlu
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2014, 11:14:20 AM »
oops sorry Liz - t'was LisaJ. My mistook (as usual)   :)

Offline LisaJ

• Newly Registered
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2014, 11:44:28 AM »
Blimey - only asked a question what's with the attitude - I now know why I shouldn't bother

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2014, 11:45:54 AM »
Without a moment of concern for a couple who have been horrifically attacked, you asked how someone who's passport wasn't stolen could travel without a passport. I assume you are trying to pick holes in the story, but got the facts wrong. Hence the 'attitude'.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2014, 11:57:17 AM »
I do however understand that friends of the restaurant concerned will be keen to discredit the story - but you did a bad job of it.

Offline jsp51

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2014, 12:25:29 PM »
Scunner, I am not defending any particular establishment as I said in my post I use most of them and have never been subjected to any abuse in any of them.
I also said if the treatment handed out was as described that is not acceptable. I do however still have reservations as to the description of what happened that night, some things don't add up. I have read the original post again and the girlfriend hid behind a wall, she saw the owner get out of the car and hit her boyfriend with a bat or other instrument, she then saw the owners friends get out of the car she saw them kick him she saw them strip him of his clothes and the car drive off but she didn't see him get up and run away, this does not add up.
Also can I point out that Don was very quick to post on this forum a very disturbing message which is from his perspective only "hearsay" as he was not there. It would be very useful to everyone if he were so quick as to post the messages he has received recently which he discredits as lies. Again these messages will only be "hearsay" but might shed a bit of light on what did happen that night.
What makes you say I feel it is extremely unlikely that the story is true or even credible? when I said "If this sort of thing does go on, and I do think there may be a little dramatization in the original script then obviously that kind of behaviour is unacceptable." not quite the same as saying it is unlikely to be true, I am convinced something did go on that night, I'm sure everyone is of that opinion, it is what the root cause of it all that is unclear.
Again Don please give the story you are condemning as all lies and why you come to that conclusion.
Again let me reiterate I do not condone violence of any kind and stories like this are concerning but I'm afraid on this occasion someone's bad fortune is being used as a tool to try to wreck someone else's business, which by the way is not working.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2014, 12:39:43 PM »
Again you are entitled to your opinion but the opinion that Don's story was hearsay is a little surprising - I wouldn't call something my daughter told me as hearsay, I'd believe it or know it wasn't true just through knowing my daughter. Especially if she was describing something as harrowing as this.

With things that we didn't see of course things may not add up entirely but that is because we weren't there and don't know every last part of the story.

For what it's worth I'll tell you what I think, and maybe you could comment on my opinion, rather than me commenting on yours - I would be genuinely interested to hear what you think of what I think.

I think that whilst I wasn't there, and don't know the whole 'ins and outs' you have to firstly decide whether you believed the attack and mugging of personal possessions happened. It would be incredible to me to think it didn't and it is a total fabrication. And that possibly all the other violent attacks reported from the same place were made up too.

I believe it happened. That is my prerogative. If you believe it happened, then questions about what happened earlier, or how people fly without passports are wholly irrelevant. If you believe these people were chased and the husband attacked and stripped of clothes and possession, there are no other questions necessary.

But that's just my view.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2014, 12:46:26 PM »

I'm afraid on this occasion someone's bad fortune is being used as a tool to try to wreck someone else's business, which by the way is not working.

And that is the most outrageous line I have read on the subject to date - being attacked with a bat and mugged is "someone's  bad fortune"? And the reporting of it is an attempt to wreck the business of the man who did it? Surely beating customers with baseball bats is the main reason for any bad publicity, not the reporting of it?

The instances of a 'bit of previous' don't exactly help either do they...

Offline simpsons

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2014, 13:10:29 PM »
What I would like to know is that if Eddies 'friends' on here are trying to discredit this horrific robbery as lies, then why has none of them got Eddy to comment on here as to what went on that evening. If Eddie is not a member on here, then get one of his friends who is a member to post his side of the story.
By Eddies silence on this matter, we can only draw our conclusions, by only hearing one side of the story.

Offline LisaJ

• Newly Registered
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2014, 14:59:04 PM »
Thank you for clearing up, so eloquently, my misunderstanding.   I would like to point out that I neither support nor condemn either party in this debacle

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2014, 16:20:13 PM »
Can any of Eddies friends tell me whether they think the hospital inserted 12 stitches
to the guys head as part of the "plot" to discredit Eddie and his disaster prone establishment.?
If you can defend that sort of behavior then you deserve to have Eddie as a "friend"

jsp51.
 If you are neutral in this matter, how do you know that this "plot" to discredit his business
 is not working,?        I hope I never need cheap drinks that badly.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf