Author Topic: A Death Penalty Referendum  (Read 8504 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: A Death Penalty Referendum
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 22:05:39 PM »
Gordon, ask your carer to show you how to do quotes properly.  ;)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2015, 22:51:40 PM »
We're debating this on CBF, not Facebook - although I must ask, is there anyone else you'd like added to your list of potential execution victims...  speeders, TV licence dodgers?

JF   Tut Tut, I always thought that you were better and wiser than that remark shows JohnF!!

"Better and wiser" in what way?  You entered a debate on CBF quoting views held on a different web site that many folks have no access to, what did you expect?

Join the debate properly or bugger off.

JF

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2015, 23:07:13 PM »
My point is the decision to abolish the death penalty was taken by 650 people (the state) in 1965. I have not checked, but I would be hellish surprised if the proposal to do so appeared in any of those 650 peoples’ manifesto for the General Election of the preceding year.

In passing, some believe that it was a failure of the same political system that sent one person too many to their death in Iraq. 

Clearly, it is not possible and/or feasible to have a referendum on every issue but I do believe that the issue of the restoration of capital punishment important enough to be one such.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2015, 23:40:47 PM »
We're debating this on CBF, not Facebook - although I must ask, is there anyone else you'd like added to your list of potential execution victims...  speeders, TV licence dodgers?

JF 

Christs sake don't confuse him, Facebook and CBF are the same colour, I have given up trying to tell him the difference. as for quotes, we don't even go there. we are still at the copy and paste stage.

Offline peter16

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2015, 23:47:53 PM »
Loz  put him on the "naughty step"  ;D  until he promises to learn how to do quotes properly.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2015, 00:07:11 AM »
I rarely come on here now, this one caught my eye.

I am for the death penalty, last month in Portsmouth we heard of a returning (Ex)?  isis member, his friends died in Syria, what was his sentence? 4 bloody years!!! what is the point.
Many were up in arms over the release of the Bulger boy killers, by all means lock them up for the duration of the sentence, then give them the death penalty.
As for armed robbery, if you go armed and end up killing a person, you intend to use the weapon, Death penalty.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2015, 01:35:16 AM »
Christs sake don't confuse him, Facebook and CBF are the same colour, I have given up trying to tell him the difference.

There are so many times I have sat back and thought you must have (as my mother would say) the patience of a phucking saint.  Actually, she never said phucking, I just added that for effect.

JF

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2015, 08:28:43 AM »
I'm deeply effected.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2015, 11:27:12 AM »
Well if we are going to have referenda (see that and I didn't even go to grammar school  ;)) let's try the following subjects:

Public floggings for crooked bankers, 20 lashes a day maximum, for the duration of their minimum 10 years with no parole prison sentence.  See I am a liberal.  We should also introduce retrospective legislation too for historical banking abuse

Return of the stocks for tax dodgers given firm jail sentences, five days in the public stocks and 1 day off.  Stocks to be placed near public areas, to ensure maximum benefit for the hard working people on PAYE.

Re-introduction of the rack for failed senior HMRC officials and Civil Servants.

Re-introduction of the birch for anyone caught wearing skin tight trousers showing their underpants and/or arse, or worse still men over forty wearing a baseball cap backwards.

Liberal application of clips round the ears or kicks up the 'arris - without fear of prosecution - for the new offence of using the words like 'kinda' or 'you know what I mean' or calling a celebrity by their first name e.g. Simon (for that arse Cowel) as if you are amongst their close circle of mates.

Re-introduction of banishment - like we used to Botany bay etc. - for failed PC local government officials (elected or executive) only modernise it by sending them to failed states like Somalia, Nigeria, Syria, Libya and of course those well known regime change destinations Afghanistan and Iraq.

That's enough refernda for now.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2015, 11:44:00 AM »
Christs sake don't confuse him, Facebook and CBF are the same colour, I have given up trying to tell him the difference.

There are so many times I have sat back and thought you must have (as my mother would say) the patience of a phucking saint.  Actually, she never said phucking, I just added that for effect.

JF

John it is your fault, CBF on Facebook! CBF as a forum, We do not go there now, I long ago gave up explaining the address bar and the Google search box, 

Hanging, some days I wonder which of us will survive. but then again I would not be without him, he does not hide behind kind words if your bum looks big it looks big, what you see is what you get.

Usedbustickets I am with you all the way on this one, but you missed out on the the ones that start the sentences "Basically" "obviously"

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf