Author Topic: want to try somewhere new!  (Read 8220 times)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
want to try somewhere new!
« on: March 16, 2015, 12:23:15 PM »
Hi all,
Out for our first holiday of the year in 3 weeks time....and we are thinking we would like to try some new restaurants down in Fethiye this year.
We normally only really go to Mosaic Bahce, Megri lokantasi or Nefis when we are in Fethiye, but would like to try somewhere different. We have a car for two weeks and we are situated up in Ovacik. We are family of four with 10 and 14 year old girls...
Have heard lots of things about Manceros, Address, café café and kings garden.....any tips greatly appreciated.Or any tips for anywhere else that may be open at the moment... thank you in advance..

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: want to try somewhere new!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 13:45:48 PM »
Hi Sue, looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks time. If you want to try somewhere new then maybe the new restaurant Mandalin.

It's very close to the law court on the road to Çaliş almost opposite Alo 24, take the right at the roundabout by the second Kipa (law courts opposite) and it is there on the left.

We went the other night and really enjoyed it and in April it might be warm enough to sit outside by the pool to eat. My review is currently the last one on page 2 of this topic. There are a few Turkish meals on the menu.

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=56918.0

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 13:59:13 PM »
we have been to the address and  the food is great

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 19:49:22 PM »
What about the Fish Market or Pasa Kebab?
Both are excellent

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 19:53:37 PM »
Mancero is fabulous - service, presentation, food, everything - I'd definitely recommend it to someone looking for somewhere they haven't tried before. Great experience at King's Garden too. Very friendly and awesome views - and to be at the foot of the rock tombs, all makes for a really memorable night.

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 20:02:41 PM »
Sue - There is an excellent restaurant in Ovacik called Yengec.Good food/service in a lovely setting

Offline Lotty

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 21:04:47 PM »
Yes we can recommend Yengec too. We had a lovely evening there last year. It's a little bit different and has daily specials etc which the waitress reels off. You would need to book though.  :)

Offline fishman

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 21:17:34 PM »
Just came back today was taken by our turkish friends to a restaurant called kebap Time it's on the road where the big Migros is in Fethiye not sure of the name of the road maybe someone could tell you this.
But the food was excellent a proper turkish Resturant and reasonably cheap and very busy !!

Offline Menthol

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 22:02:32 PM »
I will second the praise for Kebap Time. The best kebaps so far.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
want to try somewhere new!
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 06:23:02 AM »
I agree, Yengec Ovacik is superb. Definitely need to book at least a few days before.
I'm planning to try the kebab place that was on the Esnaf side of the seafront road, but is now in what was Nayla, near Mancero.
Apparently it's fantastic, 28tl for meze plate and huge Adana/ Beyti kebab and managed by Teo from Bus a Stop days.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf