Author Topic: Hay fever sufferers  (Read 1044 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Hay fever sufferers
« on: April 06, 2015, 15:50:23 PM »
Every year since moving to Turkey I have been affected by hay fever.

As part of my routine I add a teaspoon ish of bee pollen to my daily seasonal fresh fruit (blended) smoothie and so far this year I haven't had any symptoms.

Bee pollen can be purchased pretty cheaply in the honey shop in the Paspatur.

It also has a lot of other amazing benefits.

http://foodmatters.tv/articles-1/10-amazing-health-benefits-of-bee-pollen

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Hay fever sufferers
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 15:59:25 PM »
Just to add you should check for an allergic reaction first by putting a little under your tongue and see what happens  :-\ probably nothing but best to be safe - check this link for more info.

http://www.mnn.com/health/fitness-well-being/stories/whats-the-buzz-on-bee-pollen

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 16:39:24 PM »
Yes, we have been told that as a friend of ours used to have Hay Fever, he was told to take a spoonful of only local honey a day.  This means you will get used to your local pollen.   So he did find a local honey maker and now does not suffer half as much.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 17:21:57 PM »
I was the opposite to you Nichola - I had/have pretty bad hay fever and found it was far less of a problem when we moved to Turkey.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 20:40:41 PM »
It was so bad one year Keith I thought I had proper flu as opposed to a bad cold. It was only when I noticed others mentioning their suffering this year that I realised I was tickety boo... and what the reason must be as the only different addition to my smoothie. I've always included local honey so that wasn't as effective for me.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 20:59:16 PM »
I thought I had started Hay Fever for the first year or so after arriving in Turkey.  With the symptoms of runny eyes nose, itchy throat and bouts of violent sneezing.  Turns out it was the dust, which is in the dry air for most of the year.  Sorted it out with a nasal spray, and a little vaseline on the inside of the nose when the symptoms start.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 21:15:04 PM »
Hayfever covers a multitude of allergies and different people ar effected by one or a combination of different pollens. I'm effected by plane tree and rapeseed pollens. I was more badly effected while living in Turkey because of the plane trees but for a much shorter period because of the lack of rapeseed fields.

Offline GlennB

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 23:30:58 PM »
Bad news KKOB, I was up the woods checking my bees yesterday and the rape is already coming out in flower in the south of England, the bees were coming back laden with pollen. Another few weeks to let them build up after winter and the pollen traps will be on.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf