Author Topic: Istanbul Restaurant Opening Night  (Read 16248 times)

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
Re: Istanbul Restaurant Opening Night
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 17:55:22 PM »
Hi Lotty,

The Istanbul has been closed all winter and has only started doing meals again this last week.

I'm a bit of a stick in the mud, :( :( I only have a bowl of porridge for breakfast. I don't eat a great deal, a Turkish breakfast would last me a week.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2015, 18:19:51 PM »
So that's your secret Don! A bowl of porridge every day, well it certainly works for you! I hope you've enjoyed your long winter stay in Kaya? We've enjoyed your photos and posts very much. Your time there must be coming to an end.  :'( We looked at the Istanbul bungalows last year and thought they were a really nice place to stay.   :)

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2015, 18:25:53 PM »
We fly out on Monday 27th April and return 30th October. We plan to stay for 6 months again if we can get new residency permits.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2015, 18:43:40 PM »
That was my main problem when living out there. I'd have the bowl of porridge and then go for the full Turkish breakfast an hour or so later.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2015, 20:40:14 PM »
I also have a bowl of porridge every morning (Irish Porridge, don't tell anyone) Love porridge and it really fills you up.  However, like bacon and egg one day at the weekend.
Have a good trip Don, hope you manage to get back in October.

Offline Pussinboots

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2015, 11:02:24 AM »
If anyone's thinking of going on the 20th and doesn't mind a small one tagging along let me know   8)  Promise to be on my best behaviour !!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2015, 07:34:40 AM »
We forgot about it.  When we went for lunch yesterday Engin said he had 350 people there for the Opening Night.   It was a great success.
The party night with free pick up and drop off is now on a Wedneday.   There is a new group playing and Engin says they are better than the old group....So they must be good.   :) 

Offline Steve A

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2015, 08:30:04 AM »
The night was a great success with in excess of 350 people.Engin and his staff worked so hard to make it a good night for all.he doesn't run a pick up service on the opening night party but provides free mezze,BBQ chicken,Kofte and potatoes with as many free soft drinks as you want,obviously alcohol needs to be paid for.the band were quite good and most people seemed to enjoy them,there were also fireworks.
The only problem that I had with the night was the rather large English contingent who arrived,ate the free food,bought little or no alcohol and left once they had eaten their fill.What was more annoying were at least one table of expats that I observed who had brought bottles of spirits in their bags and were topping up their free soft drinks with their duty free whilst eating free food watching free entertainment .Wherever we go in the world we Brits always let ourselves down.
Thanks again to Engin ,Nicky and team for a great night

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2015, 19:49:33 PM »
Are Nat & Yil ( saxophonist/singer performing this season?

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2015, 22:33:09 PM »
Badger, i am really hurt that you did not read my post.. ;D :o :-*
Nat and Yil have spilt up and are no longer together.  The Istanbul now have a new group.  One of them used to play with Elton John.  One came 3rd on the X Factor 6 years ago... :-X :angel:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf