Author Topic: My favourite shop and it is in Hisaronu.  (Read 6166 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
My favourite shop and it is in Hisaronu.
« on: May 24, 2015, 09:37:25 AM »
The shop I love is called Anadolu el sanatlar.  It has been established for 21 years and is in Hisaronu.  Unlike all the other shops that sell all the same tourist stuff, this shop has Turkish Crafts.  Lovely pottery, exquisite glassware, lamps, cloth items etc.,   
I think some shops in this resort and other resorts should take a lesson from this one. Never been in when it is empty, there are always customers buying and getting things wrapped in bubble wrap to take home. I wish there were more like it.
I got some beautiful cushion covers, with tassels and full zips for 15 TL each.  I took one to a shop on the Gunlukbasi Road.  Of course no one spoke English, but I enjoyed using my little amount of Turkish.  They measured the cushion cover.  I ordered three and they told me to come back next day.
There are three people in there with sewing machines. Lovely bed covers hanging from the walls.  Next day picked up my order, really good quality hand made cushion pads that fitted perfectly 30TL for the three.  i note they make pillows too and you can pick your own stuffing for them.   
Anyway back to the Anadolu.  This is a link with some of there stuff.   http://www.trgram.com/anadoluelsanat

Also these are two of my cushions. The lady said they are a pattern from Istanbul. 

Offline LEES

Re: My favourite shop and it is in Hisaronu.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 11:44:46 AM »
Stunning cushions, thanks for sharing

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 13:12:20 PM »
Jacqui did you notice the price of the bed covers? 
I would love a nice turkish-design bedspread. At home in Dunelm etc, many are upwards of £70 for a king size.  I have a lovely summer one that is satin(ish) on one side but cotton on the other to stop it slipping off but it cost an arm and a leg in John Lewis!  I have no idea how much to expect to pay at the markets or shops in Fethiye so some steer would be great.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 15:08:21 PM »
Sorry, I didn't as they don't have prices on anything.  Some of the covers on the wall are like the quilted covers we used to have years ago.  However, I am sure they would make you exactly what you wanted, and they will give you a price first.   Coming out of Calis passing the Citroen Garage turn left at the lights  and drive along a few blocks pass the lights and then you will see the shop on the left with lots of material, pillows etc., outside.  If you come to the big blow up balloon that looks like a gas cannister, you have gone too far. 

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 15:58:08 PM »
I need to get my Turkey head back on - of course you rarely see prices on anything!  Thanks for the directions.  We're not too far from there so will have a wander when we come over - thanks.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 17:12:05 PM »
There's a guy on the Tuesday Market that does Turkish style bed covers far cheaper than the shops.

They're not on display, they're in plastic carrying cases. We bought 4 matching ones off him plus pillow

covers. He's about half way round and does throws, runners and fabrics.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2015, 17:20:07 PM »
Thanks Kevin - any idea on price please as I'm rubbish at bartering/haggling or whatever :-[

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2015, 17:40:34 PM »
I like a good haggle, being in the business I was in, I got used to people haggling with me all the time.  However, sometimes the prices are so good in Turkey. I would not haggle.   I have to say this time we are over, prices seem a lot cheaper, this is because of the 4 TL to the £1.   
Three melons today in the Sunday Market for 5 Lira... A lovely long evening dress made in Turkey (in all sizes I might add) from a shop in Calis  and the guy knew mine and told me it before I had a chance.  £15.00.  So, this time I find myself not haggling too much as I am amazed at the low prices.
If you don't like to Haggle Bluwise, you wiil be happy to know, you may not need to.   ;D  :)

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2015, 18:01:07 PM »
Great.  I just don't like to do it and I'm sure, at times, I end up paying far too much just to end it - or worse, end up doing without cos if I do the "walk away" thing they let me!!!   :D ;D

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2015, 19:12:35 PM »
Bluwise

It was a while back but i'll ask my better half later, but you can haggle with him. There used to be some

nice ones hanging on a wall on Hisaronu main st opposite the Moonlight Bar but they were expensive.

The Market ones are in thick clear plastic cases with thin rope carrying handles. He's happy to take them

out of the cases to show you. We're pleased with ours and saved a lot of money.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf