Author Topic: New member  (Read 4999 times)

Offline John Robertson

• Newly Registered
« on: July 22, 2015, 11:37:35 AM »
Hi thanks to the admin for adding me to the forum my wife and I are not long back from Calis beach and have fell in love with this part of Turkey we have visited Turkey a few times with our family but this was our first holiday without children as they have all grown ups now and holiday on their own it is our intention to come back in October with the intention to buy a holiday home   We hope the forum members will give good advice on this process      Thanks again for the add

Offline Hamlet

Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 11:42:31 AM »
Welcome to CBF John, there is a wealth of information at your fingertips on here, don't be afraid to tap into it  :)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 12:23:33 PM »
Welcome John and your first bit of CBF advice - and there's bags of the good stuff all over the site - is the following, think about renting first before you buy, so you really find the place you want and in the area you want.   ;)

Offline patrice

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 14:44:54 PM »
Welcome John to the forum  8)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 18:36:11 PM »
welcome on board

Offline Lotty

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 18:58:33 PM »
Welcome to CBF! Lots of people have moved to Calis and Fethiye and are really happy, however I have to agree with UBT, I'd definitely try renting first.  Look before you leap, you've nothing to lose by it. :D

Offline bob 1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 20:06:24 PM »
welcome all the info you need on cbf

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 00:21:43 AM »
 Welcome John, please ignore the well meaning but misguided advice thus far  :)

People who are moving out full time should perhaps consider renting first. People looking for a holiday home should go out and buy a holiday home. How can renting first help!!

Speak to Cenk at Interturk Estates www.interturk.co.uk - well recommended on here and knows his stuff. There are numerous people that will sell you any old rubbish (and yes there are appalling construction examples locally) and Cenk won't take them on. Most will.

Good luck, I hope you find what you are looking for. 

Offline Lotty

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 07:36:28 AM »
I obviously misread Johns post, because his children have now grown up I was thinking he was intending to move out eventually. However I still wouldn't buy until totally sure it was the right place for us. I couldn't make that decision on a fortnight or three week's holiday, though I know many CBF members have done and are very happy. Holiday or permanent it's a lot of money to tie up on a whim, particularly as long term rent is cheap. I say this because we rented for 3 years - not to live but to come as often as possible and our family could use it too. At the end of it we just were able to walk away having enjoyed the experience. Each to their own, this is just something to consider. If you do decide to buy then you can't get better advice than that from Scunner.  :D

Offline Troy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 16:38:27 PM »
Welcome John!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf