Author Topic: meeting point  (Read 4054 times)

Offline Madbaz

• Newly Registered
meeting point
« on: September 09, 2015, 20:43:01 PM »
Never fails to deliver !!!!! Great food great service. Ahmed and age ( no idea if spelt right) such great people  pleasure to eat there always

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: meeting point
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 20:46:03 PM »
We always remember his name because it sounds like Haggis.  So assume it is Agis, no idea how to spell it, but he will be away at the end of the season.  He is Ahmet''s nephew and is going back to his home village to get married.  He is 21 years old.  A lovely young man. 
Meeting Point is always a firm favourite of ours.

Offline thinwhiteduke

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 10:44:57 AM »
Totally agree! Ahmet, Aggis and Illyas (?) are great guys and the food is fantastic   :)

Offline poppy50

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 12:17:29 PM »
Must agree guys are great, however, recently disappointed with the portions.  I am not a big eater but got 4 chips and salad with my fillet steak 44tlr.  Steak was good though.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 15:20:51 PM »
Never had steak, but the meals we got there was lots of salad.  Phil had chips and I asked for double rice and no chips. Phil had a whole pile of chips and I could not finish all my rice.

Offline spo6666

• Paul
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 14:38:02 PM »
Totally agree! Ahmet, Aggis and Illyas (?) are great guys and the food is fantastic    :)

Mmm I always thought he was called Silly Ass  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Seriously, great food and always a laugh, I will be sorry not to see Aggis again, as he is not returning to Calisafter his nuptials :'(

Offline Christie

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 15:19:35 PM »
Went last night - had chicken robinson and chicken curry - both excellent (both with loads of fresh cooked chips and rice plus salad.  Just about got through it as big portions of the chicken.   Thoroughly enjoyed our meal.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 11:58:31 AM »
We went one night think it was week before last...meal was lovely think we both had chicken dishes...
We have done the same as Jacqui before iv asked for double rice and no chips...
Aggitt did not seem his usual happy self when we went i said about him getting married as he had mentioned his impending marriage when we were
last over, he said no marriage as he was too young....I commented to hubby after that Aggit had seemed subdued, later when we were at the taxi rank we saw on the television about the attack where the soldiers had lost their lives, not sure if it could maybe have been this sad news that had made him sad, it was not that long ago when he was away doing his National Service

Offline pompeylee

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 16:35:00 PM »
Always make a point of eating here at least once when over here & the lamb chop I had with my mixed grill was the best I have ever tasted, only gripe was there was only one table left for us which was under a fan so food got cooler quicker then I could eat it, still a great experience.

Offline spo6666

• Paul
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2015, 14:20:26 PM »
I also think they do one of the best breakfast's going   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf