Author Topic: Booking a hotel via Tripadvisor  (Read 3135 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Booking a hotel via Tripadvisor
« on: February 02, 2016, 08:45:28 AM »
Have many members booked hotels via Tripadvisor? Reason I ask is Sunday I found a good price on T/A for one nights stay at the Yacht Classic in Fethiye...whilst making the booking or when the confirmation email came through ( i forget which way round it was ) the booking was with a company called Tingo ( never heard of them) anyway the Tingo email confirmation was for the Yacht Boutique and the T/A for the Classic...after much kerfuffling on the phone yesterday it turned out the booking was at the Yacht Boutique...Now the Boutique is lovely but i really want a night at the Yacht Classic as is hubby,s 60 th burfdee.. the offer is still showing on Tripadvisor but I am very reluctant to go down that route again, and it is quite a bit more expensive with other companies...has anyone else encountered this before when booking hotels through Tripadvisor or have you ended up with the hotel you made your booking at?   :)

Offline Yoshi

• Newly Registered
Re: Booking a hotel via Tripadvisor
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 11:13:21 AM »
Hi Karen,
I hope your well.
I can't advise on your booking but I generally find tripadvisor use the bigger well known and not always the cheapest company's.
I see that a lot of companies offer the classic and then direct you to the boutique info
Have you tried Trivago to get comparison prices.
Take care
Sue x

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 11:34:43 AM »
Tingo is a company wholly owned by Trip Advisor. They launched it about 4 years ago.

They also own BookingBuddy, SmarterTravel, SeatGuru, Airfarewatchdog and FrequentFlier.com.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 11:53:50 AM »
We always book Yacht Classic with www.booking.com or direct via the hotel. Mustafa is the booking manager and he's a lovely man.the email I have is:  mustafayeniyacht@yahoo.com.tr

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 12:58:19 PM »
Ditto the above, go direct to the hotel.  Tell'em you'll pay cash as well, usually knocks a bit more off.

JF

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 11:39:26 AM »
Thank you very much everyone for the replies and email address I have emailed and asked for a cheap as chips, cheaper then Primark price!  8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf