Author Topic: clocks.  (Read 9957 times)

Offline Laura B

• Newly Registered
Re: clocks.
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2017, 11:49:03 AM »
Just to add to the absurdity of it all, last year here in North Cyprus we did the same as Turkey and didn't change our clocks (which in my view nowadays is sensible) but it meant that when crossing the border into the Republic of Cyprus there was an hours difference as they changed in line with Europe!   This year, in their wisdom, the Government in the north have decided we will not align with Turkey so we shall change our clocks.  This is apparently causing problems with flights as we only get flights from Turkey therefore we have the anomaly that people will be able to travel from here and arrive in Turkey before they left!

Offline marina

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2017, 13:22:04 PM »
We're flying back from here at 11.10 am on Sunday. Arrive Manchester 12.40.  One a half hour flght - I wish!  :o

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2017, 16:17:01 PM »
Ach, I wouldn't worry about it.  Someone told a friend or ours here that the clocks went back two weeks ago.  She told us and for the past fortnight we've all been living in our own time zone.

JF

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2017, 22:23:24 PM »
Going back to  changing the clocks as from next year so back to just two hours. Apparently the new change didn't work out.   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf