Author Topic: Thomson 2018  (Read 2754 times)

Offline ColinT

• Portsmouth, UK
Thomson 2018
« on: April 20, 2017, 07:32:49 AM »
Thomson holidays have today released their 2018 schedule.  Disappointing for me that there's no flights from Bournemouth next year, so will have to travel a few more miles east to Gatwick if I go with Thomson, but only an extra 20 minutes from Portsmouth, so no great hardship really.  Even from Gatwick flights are quite limited for next year, based on what is available this year, but I suppose it's inevitable with the fear people have about holidaying in a predominantly Muslim country.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Thomson 2018
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 08:43:39 AM »
I suppose it's inevitable with the fear people have about holidaying in a predominantly Muslim country.

I suspect the fear is of terrorism - Muslim, domestic or otherwise, as opposed to holidaying in "a predominantly Muslim country", something folks have been doing for years without giving any great thought to religion.

JF

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 15:22:17 PM »
My post is not to do with Thompson but flights to Turkey so apologies in advance for being naughty! My flght here yester was full up, i had previously been due to come on 10th but due to my poorly cat i postponed my trip, my original flight was booked for April 10th and wen i checked the price of it a few days befire departure it had sold out...a couple i was talking to on the flght booked with a travel agency who told them lots of folk are booking for Turkey this yr, i was at the hairdressers today and a lady in there said her friend is a travel agent in uk she has also sold there are lots of bookings for Turkey this year, oh and last night at passport control i was stood behind 'that man of the telly'whose name avaded me for a while then I realised it was Michael Burke  ;)he wrote a good article a while back saying he feels safe in Turkey I believe he does a lot of sailing out here   :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 15:37:47 PM »
Michael Buerk's a big fan of Fethiye and is often seen in a couple of restaurants in the Fish Market and the Oztoklu in the Fruit and Veg Market.

Offline Somerset Simon

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 14:59:35 PM »
Back on topic, Thomson prices are high and season is very short, can't see many bookings ahead of the other airlines releasing

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 15:06:52 PM »
Looks like the Germans are heading elsewhere this season:

Turkey’s tourism sector has kept losing its share in Germany, with German tourists opting to visit other countries such as Spain and Greece rather than Turkey, amid security concerns and recent tensions in bilateral ties, said a leading sector association on April 21.

In a statement, the Hotels Association of Turkey (TÜROB) said the “biggest winner in this game is Spain,” while adding that there is still hope for the Turkish market if a surprising rise is seen in last-minute reservations by German travelers.

Turkey saw a gradual rise in arrivals from Germany between 2011 and 2015 but there was a sharp decline in the number of German tourists visiting the country in 2016 due to escalating security concerns, regressing to around 3.9 million, read the statement.

“While German bookings for the 2017 holiday season have been quite high in Spain, Greece, Bulgaria and Croatia, the Egyptian market has also seen a recent sharp demand from Germany. Unfortunately, the only loser in this market is Turkey,” said TÜROB President Timur Bayındır, while adding that hope remained for a sudden rise in last-minute reservations by German travelers for Turkey. 
Full article.

Reckon we'll see a few more Halal Hotels in the Antalya area...

JF

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 15:36:24 PM »
Why wouldn't tourists want to go to a country where the President calls them fascists and Nazis?

Offline George Warner

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 16:16:44 PM »
The reason our German friends are not coming over this year,so they say,is there are no longer direct flights from Berlin to Dalaman.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf