Author Topic: Summary of Police meeting about ID informing system.  (Read 38086 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: Summary of Police meeting about ID informing system.
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2017, 21:28:16 PM »
Yes thank you Inspector for taking the time to update us after today's meeting...after seeing tonights news and how Turkey has jailed one of the ISIS members after aressting him he was apparantly stsying in a costal villa, I really see the need for the authorities to be able to track people if the need arises, personally i thought his sentence was too lenient!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2017, 23:43:20 PM »
I cannot get my head around this.  If my son and his wife stay with us.  We do not have to tell the Police because they have the same name as us?
If my daughter, son in law and Granddaughter stay,  We have to tell the Police because they have a different name.   So, how do I tell the Police?  Do I need a computer with a programme?

Offline busybee

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2017, 05:52:24 AM »
Following too Jacqui, we will have our daughter and 3yr old grandson coming to stay with us.  Do we go to the local police station and inform them, or is there a web site, where we can put their details on?

Offline Fran

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2017, 06:25:08 AM »
If they stay while you are there I believe you don't have to tell authorities. It's if they are they without you that you have to inform. I'm in the same position as my brother is coming to stay but I'll be in UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Ian_and_Sian

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2017, 06:41:45 AM »
From my discussions with Cenk, anyone can stay at your property whilst you are there too - in that situation they would be classed as house guests.

As for immediate family with different surnames staying while you are not there, Cenk advised that either a marriage or birth certificate proving links to the owners surname would be required if challenged by the authorities.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2017, 07:34:57 AM »
We dont rent out never have and never will as its our second home   :)also dont have folk staying with us as we like to get away from everyone lol  ;) there will be teething problems when the system is first up and running theres bound to be, but myself if i did rent out i would be pleased with the outcome of  yesterday's meeting, the software is free, a lot of folk have their own internet in Turkey nowadays, a small laptop took over and left in the property to down/ upload the software on to, the registering of folks who are staying at said property only has to be done on arrival and departure now not daily, is it a possibilty that who ever stays at the property can register themselves once theyv arrived....

I for one now see why the fines have been set so high after watching the news last night that if we are ever going to combat terrorism the authorities need to know who is staying where and  make folk realise the importance of this...if your going to a hotel once youv left the airport you have to give your passport to reception on arrival, we have to stand together in getting those people like Isis who carry out their evil deeds and take away innocent people's lifes and devastate families brought to justice for their actions...

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2017, 07:45:03 AM »
1. So, hypothetically, I live permanently in Turkey. My brother, an international drugs and arms dealer and all-round naughty boy, regularly stays with me. I don't need to inform the authorities that he's a guest ?

2. I'm sure that I read somewhere that it's illegal for a hotel to retain your passport. They're perfectly entitled to examine it and record the details, but you are the only person, except for law officers, who is allowed to be in possession of it. In fact the passport belongs to the "issuing authority" and you are its keeper and should take good care of it on their behalf.

Offline Somerset Simon

Summary of Police meeting about ID informing system.
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2017, 08:08:09 AM »
Thanks Inspector, can I check a couple points.

1/ All guests have to be registered if the Tapu stated owner is not present (so the previous views that owners children can stay was incorrect)?

2/ Can the details be input in advance, so an owner could set up for any stays during the season while they are in Turkey?

Thanks Simon

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2017, 09:59:27 AM »
Someone on FB is going to the police station to register today. No translator. They will report any problems later. I'll let you all know  :)

Offline tom kelly

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2017, 13:27:28 PM »
Thanks Inspector for your time and effort.

Does anybody know where you need to go to register for the software etc?

I went to the Passport Police office today. They said I need to go to the Nufus office. The people at the Nufus office said I need to go to the Passport Police office so I still don't know.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf