Author Topic: Have I left it to late?  (Read 6030 times)

Offline babcc

• It is, what it is!
Have I left it to late?
« on: May 15, 2017, 13:05:07 PM »
Hi all

Two or three weeks ago I posted that I wanted recommendations about whether to book a package or not as we need to come over although cannot stay at our apartment.  Unfortunately due to a few things could not book then and now when I look to me it is expensive.  We are looking at coming out around the 9th of August for 10 days (has to be then as still got a teenage in school) and looking at around the £2,000 mark for hotel, flight and breakfast.  My eldest is going to pay for himself but just wondered what peoples thoughts were?  really do not want to go anywhere else - we were over last year but I was in a wheelchair due to a broken foot and although it was lovely it was not easy so want to come back again.  Thanks Barbara

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Have I left it to late?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 16:10:25 PM »
Try looking at flights and booking the accommodation separately,   Some people are even flying to Rhodes as it is cheap and then getting the ferry over to Fethiye.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 16:50:28 PM »
We are looking at coming out around the 9th of August for 10 days (has to be then as still got a teenage in school) and looking at around the £2,000 mark for hotel, flight and breakfast. 

Have a play around on Skyscanner.  Flights from either London area or Manchester coming in at around the £300 mark (plus baggage).  If you don't mind changing, Pegasus are around the £350 mark inc 20kg hold luggage from Stanstead via Istanbul.

I wouldn't have thought finding accommodation would be a major issue, unless you're very specific in your needs (or just plain fussy).

JF

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 17:12:58 PM »
Momondo is also good for flight deals too.
Im sure there will be accomodation bargains nearer the time.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Offline blueclad

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 18:19:24 PM »
Have a look at sunshine.uk quite a few on there for your dates  flights including 20 kg bag each shuttle transfer Good hotels to chose £ 1458 total Gatwick easy jet flight, hayes  travel have also good deals worth a look at both.
stansted flights good for august

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 18:42:51 PM »
FFS Ron, are you having a late life career change to a travel agent? You'll soon be the go to guy for flights and package deals.

:)

JF

Offline babcc

• It is, what it is!
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 19:15:55 PM »
Thanks everyone. I definitely want to fly direct and am not fussy at all.  As long as the hotel is clean and has a pool am happy.  We have only ever stayed at our apartment and it is odd booking a hotel this time.   Have been coming to Calls about 8 years and apart from Golden Moon, Pelin and Delta not really taken much notice of where the other hotels are. Any recommendations?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 19:29:02 PM by babcc »

Offline blueclad

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 20:20:02 PM »
John f..
For your info .

I used to be a freelance travel agent as a home  outworker agent for a large independent company , .
many of the older members  [ ones that have been on for years ] on here I am sure will remember that even when KTHY were around with dirt cheap fares . and that dozens of CBF members had contacted me for help  in finding cheaper deals over several years.

I still do a few bookings per week just to keep my hand in BUT following major big c surgery /spinal surgery/ both  knee replacements  and nerve blocks and chemo  I have  had to almost give up...

Ron

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 20:55:11 PM »
Nevada Spa,  The Tugay Hotel, The Mutlu, The Bahar,  I believe that the Nil Bar has refurbished their Hotel,  The Oykun (you have to ring the Oykun as they are a Thomson's Hotel, but will take phone bookings) The Caretta Apart Hotel, usually No.1 of all Hotels in the area and run by a Doctor and his wife. Hotel Club E. The Harman Hotel.   Just a few to be going on with.

Offline babcc

• It is, what it is!
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 22:39:58 PM »
Tugay seems to be the most reasonably priced. Just wondered Jacqui if you had stayed there? All the reviews seem to say the same thing - basic but very friendly hotel. At the moment the best price I can see for four so 2 rooms, flights and b&b with transfer is about £1900

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf