Author Topic: Recommended hairdresser  (Read 18079 times)

Offline WendyA

Recommended hairdresser
« on: June 01, 2017, 12:20:08 PM »
Sorry, I xan't see the answer to this query. We have just come out to Calis and I had intended to follow recommendations for a hairdresser  (Turkan?) near Baba Firin in Calis.  However I just went to look for her and couldn't find a suitable looking premises.  Any advice gratefully received! Many thanks...

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Recommended hairdresser
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 13:36:57 PM »
There are quite a few Hairdressers in Calis just now.  A couple along Baris Manco Blv.  So up the road on the left from Baba Firins and then turn right at the roundabout.  There is also one in the old town square where the Guitar Bar used to be.
I cannot recall seeing one by Baba Firins and we go there most every day for bread etc.,   I know the is one further down on the left  going toward the Hospital. 
I think a lot of ladies here go to Wella on the Gunlukbasi Road.

Offline Jack13

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 14:38:57 PM »
congratulations your majesty on reaching 11000 posts on cbf. lol

Offline devindazzle

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 15:06:11 PM »
turkan hairdressers is right near babafirin.  Standing with your back to BF you need To cross the road and turn left,  past what used to be the hotel but at the moment is building works.  A little further up there on a corner is a printing/photo shop and Turkan is right next to here.  Think the premises used to be a pool:maintenance shop. 

Offline pompeylee

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 16:17:35 PM »
Devindazzle's directions are correct & the OH had her hair done recently here & thinks she was brilliant,

Offline WendyA

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 18:54:54 PM »
Thanks very much, all. I'd heard she was good and fairly convenient too! Will go and seek her out. Thanks again!

Offline WendyA

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 00:12:05 AM »
Just wanted to say, some mixed feelings re my hair with Turkan. Not sure my instructions were taken into consideration and I came out with a very different colour and cut to that which I had intended. Getting used to it some weeks later, but feel the need to have a tweak to it now I'm back in the UK. Turkan was very pleasant but said she was struggling to pay all the costs of her new salon. Whilst I totally sympathise, and she's working very long hours, .I was very surprised at the charges. Manicure and pedicure (shellac) plus hair colour and cut - 'discounted' at 460TL. Not sure I will go back.

Offline devindazzle

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 04:16:21 AM »
Wow! 460TL seems very steep and on par with UK prices almost!! Did she say what the undiscounted costing was??!! Understandable that she needs to now recoup the money she has spent on getting the salon up and running but prices like that will do her no favours.  I use Gok & Ay in Calis main street next to Gunisiks,  admittedly I have not had her colour my hair for a while (nothing to do with their skills etc, more to do with lack of free time to go sit in a salon and be pampered :( & so just colour it myself) but I'm sure I only used to pay around 80-90TL for hair cut/colour.  I went in this week for a fringe trim 5TL.

Offline WendyA

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 07:51:31 AM »
That's why I put it on here really as I had expected a more 'Turkish' price! She took off about 10TL I think for doing both hands and feet in shellac. I don't want to be horrible to her but did feel that I should give people here a bit of a warning. There was an elderly Turkish woman leaving before me though and I can't believe she was charged on that scale! I had a hair cut and colour in Fethiye last year and, from memory, it was the equivalent of about £30. Can't remember the exchange rate then but would suggest I only paid about 100TL, similar to your price quoted Devindazzle.

Offline fernando torres

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 08:55:44 AM »
So sorry Wendy A ,you had that experience and yes you were totally ripped off, I have my hair done at San in Fethiye, next to the Mulberry Tree,I have base colour, , highlights ,cut & blow 130 Lira.
I think some regular customers who frequent the hairdressers you mentioned should have a word with her about what she charged you, will do herself no favours, just hope it hasn't put you off having your hair done again in Turkey, it's sad that only a minority see an opportunity to rip off tourists,
Don't let this experience put you off in the future

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf