Author Topic: Getting home  (Read 10488 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Getting home
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2017, 11:27:58 AM »
In hold or out???  Heard so many dos and donts. Anyone travelled back in the last few days who could give an update please

We came back last week, have a read of my posting.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2017, 12:56:41 PM »
Henry Worthington doesn't say he had to take them out if his hold luggage. He said he had to show them before packing them in his hold luggage.

It seems that most are getting through the first check ok with the odd one having to open their hold luggage. Maybe they have to check so many in a hundred?

I'll let you know how we get on as ours is definitely going in the hold.

Thanks for the answers though. I've heard scary stories of people recommending getting there four hours early. We've asked to be picked up an hour early this year so should be there three hours before we are due to fly.

Yes, Henry showed them, as we did and then put them in his hold luggage.  He and us decided not to take a chance putting them in our hold luggage.

We were told by Fethiye Lovers we needed to get to the Airport 3 hours before the flight, we made it 4 hours before, as said we sailed in with about 4 people.  However, when Easyjet opened the check-in desks 3 hours before the flight we got in the queue with about 10 people in front of us, after 10 minutes the queues were going back as far as we could see as all the coaches where arriving.  When we check-in,  the queues where so long and when we looked at the entrance there where queues going right out each side of the entrance.  Glad we decided to go early and avoid the coaches, who are arriving 3 hours before the flights now.  We just went up to the lounge and relaxed.

So Henry didn't have them in his hold luggage and therefore wasn't asked to remove them, show them and put them back?

Offline Georgie Girl

• Newly Registered
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2017, 06:39:27 AM »
We came back last weekend as some friends did on a different flight. Put kindle and tablet in our hold luggage and wasn't asked to get it out nor was anyone else. Would suggest putting in a secure case as our second suitcase which didn't have a digital lock for the zip was part open. There was nothing of any value in it so it was OK.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2017, 09:30:29 AM »
I have just read on T.A. That Thomson's are writing to their Customers tell them  to keep all electronic equipment out of their hold luggage so the equipment can be inspected at the Turkish Airports and must be charged up to turn on for Inspection and then after inspection their equipment can be put into the hold luggage.
I suspect this will cause hold ups at the entry to Dalaman if buses are coming in.
Will see how things are panning out in September and make a decision then about putting our ipads and kindles in our hold luggage as the season is going to be in full swing with the school holidays soon. There will be lots of feedback from Turkish Forums.
It was no bother to us to keep our electronic stuff out, as the place was empty when we arrived, so easy to put it in our hold luggage.  Might be a different story if there are big crowds.

Offline Christie

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2017, 10:56:51 AM »
We travelled home yesterday and packed my tablet in my suitcase, we were not asked to take it out, it just went through normally.   So apart from a 4.15 hour delay all went well !!!  Dalaman not a good airport to spend over 6 hours in !!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2017, 13:22:35 PM »
Have you got a link for that Jaquie as it contradicts their website?

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2017, 23:14:47 PM »
If you are putting the device in the hold why would you need it to be on.

http://www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/travel-information/electronics-ban

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2017, 23:17:17 PM »
If the device is in the hold why would, you the passenger want it to be on ?

http://www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/travel-information/electronics-ban

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2017, 01:12:28 AM »
It's worse than the BBC for repeats on here.  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf