Author Topic: Noise  (Read 3703 times)

Offline kimmie

Noise
« on: June 27, 2017, 05:49:18 AM »
Hi everyone in calis now staying at our usual Club E been here 3 days the weather fab the food is good seen our usual familiar faces but what is happening  here the Ist nigh we went to gunicik for a cheap and cheerful meal which w  as usual excellent whilst we were there across at mangle they had the belly dancer dancing to the music but when she had finished the music was turned up and continued so very loud needless to say we saw no one go in. We later walked up the street and it was the same with Joseph's bar and the bar opposite really loud music competing but what they really are doing is driving customers away I don't want to eat my meal with blasting music. The curry palace was empty last night could it be anything to do with the beach house playing blasting music!!!! We also went up to the duck pond which years ago was a favourite chill out place my God what a dump it is now run down and so many different music all playing at the same time and yes it was empty. Walking on the front is also getting extremely loud wasn't sure which music to listen too last night Sat in between 2 bars sorry for going on and moaning but it's going to get to the stage where you can't escape the loud music then where do you go by the way I do enjoy music tonight going to Lee's bar Stuart is playing that will be loud won't be complaining about that.

Offline Bluwise

Re: Noise
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 06:18:21 AM »
Sadly been saying the same this week about noise. 
We were sat in Bambu the other night and their band started at the same time as Laika's so you couldn't actually listen to either if you wanted to - we were just bombarded with loud noise!
Hate to say that Calis has lost some if it's charm for us this week.  Shame because with the volume down and a bit of communication between bars about timing it wouldn't be such an issue.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 06:55:13 AM »
Could be something to do with it being Bayram maybe and Turkish celebrating, I believe their Bayram time to be sort of what Christmas is to us Brits...lots of family time and celebrsting...still amazes me to see just how many family members go in and out of one small apartment at this time!   :) 

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 08:54:27 AM »
Yes, probably right about Bayram.  This started early last week but did seem worse last night.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 09:03:00 AM »
Kimmie,  When you say The  Duck Pond, do you mean The Guitar Bar in the square?  We used to like it there too. The owner made a mistake moving as it is not the same all the atmosphere has gone...along with all the customers.   ;)

Offline Taddy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 09:19:38 AM »
Talking about noise...The Duck Pond bar in the square was  better when there was just one bar in the area.  When the other bar opened it not only split the clientele, but each bar had their own music on which killed it.  Will have a wander through in August hoping the situations improved. 
 It was a great spot a couple of years ago,  had like a Jazz/blues club feel to it offering a different night to the rest of Calis .

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 09:32:32 AM »
The guitar bar was one of my favorites as well, one of my best nights in Calis (and there's been a few) was when a young Turkish man was convinced to get up and sing (he was only there for a drink) he actually sang in Spanish and his guitar playing was exceptional you would of thought you where in a Spanish bar listening to Flamenco every body was up dancing

Offline Christie

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 14:46:11 PM »
It appears that most bars seem to have live music on now, walked along the prom one night and three different bars had live music blasting out along with the Beach House and Karoeke.  Restaurants that have not previously gone along this route are now having live music twice a week - shame really as they are all going against each other but it seems to be popular and is bringing customers in.   Didn't really find it a problem but it certainly wasn't the nice quiet laid back Calis it was a few years back.   Many years ago when the turtle man was there he made the restaurants turn their music down, not sure what the turtles would make of all the live music blasting forth now !

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 15:21:33 PM »
We found that same the problem was caused by the yoofs who worked in the bars and restaurants in Hisaronu and Oludeniz. They seemed to think that the louder the music was, the more people would be attracted to them. In fact, it was the complete opposite.

Offline davybill

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 15:34:46 PM »
All the Turks have said how quiet it is this season in Calis.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf