Author Topic: Mulberry tree  (Read 13446 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Re: Mulberry tree
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2017, 19:03:19 PM »
Sorry but it wouldn't matter how tired and hungry I was. I would never go back to a place that had blatantly ripped me off. Not once but twice before...There is no point trying to warn everyone else and then going back for a third time since you found out... Pasa Kebab are across the road... Lots of lokantas in the near vicinity...The limon tree close to Migros isn't too far away and their food is good.

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2017, 19:13:39 PM »
The first time Mercury we weren't aware we were overcharged as we were only given one menu which was English (i did state that on my first post) It was on our second visit we realised and we actually paid the cheaper cost because we ordered from the Turkish menu. I also wanted to confront them about their prices and maybe they 'might' have reduced their prices after knowing people are aware, this would have benefitted future unknown English people who don't follow this forum.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2017, 20:24:01 PM »
You have done the people on this forum a favour
. Read up on how some businesses lost most of their trade by underestimating that we Brits do infact talk to each other.. It may only cost us two lira extra but it costs them a lot more in lost revenue by thinking that they can get away with robbing us.. Will you go again now?

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2017, 21:15:10 PM »
110% no Mercury   :)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2017, 21:44:37 PM »
Will you go again now?

So how many other forum members wont use the Mulberry tree now? 

Just to score a few lira off the tourists and the British immigrants who choose somewhere with menu's in English. 

Why do folk want English menus anyway?  My Turkish is now pretty crap but I much prefer a menu in Turkish because at least I know what I'm ordering, some of the English translations are pretty dodgy!

JF

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2017, 22:25:04 PM »
How about a British run restaurant starting to redress the balance by having two menus and charging 2TL more for each item on the Turkish one :D

It's repulsive, I won't be going and if anyone ever mentions the place I shall tell them how our fellow Brits have a special price list for us.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2017, 23:09:08 PM »
How about a British run restaurant starting to redress the balance by having two menus and charging 2TL more for each item on the Turkish one :D

It's repulsive, I won't be going and if anyone ever mentions the place I shall tell them how our fellow Brits have a special price list for us.

Splendid post   :)

Offline incir

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2017, 09:41:02 AM »
I certainly won't use it & neither will be extensive family - all visiting this year so that's a good few of us.  Look forward to trying Apple though.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2017, 13:52:26 PM »
Rana, The Apple Cafe in Fethiye 5 Stars on Trip Advisor and a Trip Advisor Recommendation sticker in the window (something the Mulberry Tree don't have).  They also do meals and apparently excellent pasta dishes( see the reviews below).  We don't eat big at lunchtime but had some huge sandwiches and Phil had some great  chicken salads and their cakes are all home made.  Their smoothies are to die for. 
Read the reviews yourself.   https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g298031-d10807727-Reviews-Apple_Cafe-Fethiye_Mugla_Province_Turkish_Aegean_Coast.html

Offline Christie

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2017, 14:04:15 PM »
Looking at the photos of the eclairs, meals and drinks, we will certainly put this on our list for September.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf