Author Topic: Mulberry tree  (Read 13439 times)

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
Re: Mulberry tree
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2017, 14:09:57 PM »
Are you on commission Jacqui :D  joking aside thanks we will definitely try there, just when we went we couldn't see full menu on the board. Looks lovely   :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2017, 14:41:04 PM »
I just want to see them doing well, they are such a nice family, who are getting a hard time just now.  I know a lot of businesses go under in the first year and it would be a shame to lose them.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2017, 21:11:53 PM »
I knew of a guy who overcharged Turks from Istanbul in his pension because they are "rich" and they can afford it.. So not only Brits ripping their own off.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2017, 09:33:09 AM »
There is a long history of "dual pricing" in Turkey when it comes a yabanci, especially in bars & restaurants and anything to do with property maintenance such as plumbing, electrics, building work etc.  But the term "yabanci" doesn't mean just foreigners, it also means stranger or outsider.  In its literal meaning it could be someone from the next village or town, you don't have to just be a foreigner to classify as a yabanci.

I really don't have that much of an issue with it, it's just the way it is - if we eat out with (local Turkish) friends in a good few places Fethiye I know the bill will be lesser than if we were in the same place with (Turkish) friends from Istanbul. 

Conversely, there are a number of places we use in Istanbul where we get a decent discount on the bill - someone from Fethiye would pay more, even if they were Turkish. 

Swings and roundabouts for us methinks.

Even Spain has its own way of keeping locals happy - little things like not charging for bread, sending over a "special tapa" to try, free bottles of mixers and the absolute killer in a few bars, once you've settled the bill they send out a last round of drinks on the house  :)

The Mulberry Tree isn't doing anything a Turkish restaurant wouldn't do - what makes it so wrong is that it is run by a British person, and their British customers probably take it on trust that everyone pays the same price.  Personally I think they've been pretty stupid - give a discount yes, but to blatantly have different menus?  The "waiting for new menus to arrive" excuse doesn't wash - from experience, getting printing work done in Turkey is always pretty quick and a heck of a lot cheaper than in the UK!

JF

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2017, 10:15:12 AM »
It didn't wash with us either, that's why we walked out. Also most Turkish eateries have Turkish menu with English translation underneath so i don't see why the Mulberry didn't have this, but then there would be one price for all!

Offline murat

« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2017, 16:13:19 PM »
Hi everybody , my name is murat lost of people know me in fethiye (people know me from redlion dvd )
i know mulberry tree owners and I do the design menü for mulberry treefor all year .
i change all the  menü price first week in march 2017. They have never ever any different price in turkisk , english and the russian menu. I think there is a misunderstanding, if you want i can share here turkish and english menu.
The owners are very good people , they help everybody  for everythink for anythink ...

Offline murat

« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2017, 16:39:48 PM »
You are commenting on another restaurant at the wrong place.You can open a new topic for them.
i can give same details if you like.
apple cafe                            mulberry tree
efes beer is 12 tl                   efes  beer is 9,5 tl
english tea is 8 tl                  english te is 4,00 tl
pasta tagi atelle is 24 tl         pasta tagi atelle is 16 tl

Please There are 5 families working in this business. No one has the right to play with their bread.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2017, 17:00:18 PM »
They appear to be playing with ours

Offline murat

« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2017, 17:06:34 PM »
Misunderstanding and have a description of scunner.
For us all people are the same. The country does not matter in religious language

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2017, 17:16:39 PM »
What do the Apple Cafe prices have to do with a thread on the Mulberry Tree?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf