Author Topic: flights  (Read 3892 times)

Offline kimmie

Re: flights
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2017, 17:43:41 PM »
Thanks again Chris for your reply my original question was does anyone know why the flights are so expensive this September as opposed to last September as previously stated I am fully aware of booking flights 12  months in advance which I choose not to do.

Offline kimmie

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2017, 17:49:45 PM »
Thanks Steve for the reply at last someone has answered my simple question why are the flights more expensive this September than last September.

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2017, 13:51:49 PM »
It's not just flights to Turkey that are extortionate.  Flights to Corfu and other parts of Greece have shot up too.  The tour operators are levying higher prices to certain destinations to compensate for losses as a result of people not going to Egypt, Tunisia and the like.  Turkish Airlines offer good prices although you may have to transfer in Istanbul.  Their flights include all luggage and meals and their service is superb.  It will be interesting to see how much flights to Turkey will be when they are released in Sept.  easyJet flights will only be released in Sept to cover the period until 24 June 2018 according to their site.

Offline Gordon Smith

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2017, 20:22:54 PM »
I am out for 2 weeks early next month, September, and only paid £198 return. I bought earlier this year and chopped and changed, EasyJet out and Pegasus back. I do agree prices have gone up. I have booked a flight out end of October, just for a long weekend, LGW - DLM £31.99 return on the Sunday £300 +. Don't think I will bother.

Offline Silverfox

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2017, 00:31:55 AM »
Possibly the shift in the school holidays doesn't help.  >:(

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2017, 08:38:24 AM »
We live quite near Doncaster airport, but their Thomson flights finish at the end of September!  We've ended up paying nearly £800 for two Jet2 flights from East Midlands - we booked in June, and got the last two seats together.
In my experience, when they get down to the last few seats, they don't reduce prices, quite the opposite.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf