Author Topic: 3 C's Car Boot Sale  (Read 12057 times)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: 3 C's Car Boot Sale
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 08:54:07 AM »
So you are saying Liz acted maliciously? I can’t quite see that either.

Nor I, especially given the time and effort she's put into the 3C's over the years.

JF

Offline Chris Kayak

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 09:14:08 AM »
All I am saying is it looks like someone tried to Jeopardise the event because apart from the post (which in some peoples opinion was a misunderstanding, fair comment) then why were ALL of the posters also taken down because it wasn't anyone from 3 C's.

Thankfully, the cancelled event post, didn't reach too many people so the event went ahead and raised a good amount for the charity.

Thanks for everyone who attended.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2017, 09:15:53 AM »
Have you ever thought of a career in PR Chris

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2017, 10:05:40 AM »
.....it looks like someone tried to Jeopardise the event......

If by someone you mean Liz, why on earth would she want to do such a thing given the service she has given the charity over the years.

There have been times, especially recently, when we have met Liz and seen how tired she was from all the running around she was having to do for the charity.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2017, 10:42:35 AM »
Hi Chris.. If is normal for ALL 3cs events to also be advertised on here as this forum has been the biggest supporter of The charity long before FB and not everyone uses FB.. You are correct that Liz has left the charity but like a lot of us who were on the committee for years probably thought that she was being helpful.. She is highly regarded on here.. Anyway onwards and upwards.. You will notice quite a few ex. Committee making comments.. It took a lot of our hours and years up and is a hard act to follow after we leave.. Good luck to you all..

Offline Chris Kayak

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 16:22:10 PM »
Hi Mercury
I posted on CBF FB site on 20th Sept the day the Municipality confirmed the dates we could have.
We applied for 2 car boots a month which was originally agreed then unfortunately they changed their minds, that is why the post went out so late.
Also I was not aware that all posts had to go on this forum.
If this is the case, what's the point of having a FB site?

Offline marina

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 16:57:53 PM »
Probably because, as Mercury said, not everyone uses FB, and some of those people will have been members on this forum, and supported the 3C's, for a long time.
Surely better to reach out to as many people as possible rather than just those on FB!

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 17:31:58 PM »
I was not aware

Strikes me that there is a lot you are unaware of in relation to CBF, it's members and the relationship it has the 3C's...

JF

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2017, 18:05:00 PM »
Probably because, as Mercury said, not everyone uses FB, and some of those people will have been members on this forum, and supported the 3C's, for a long time.
Surely better to reach out to as many people as possible rather than just those on FB!

Correct marina - first post by the charity over 10 years ago on August 25 2007

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2017, 19:54:39 PM »
I would suggest that you speak to Peter and Chissie who if you have not done your homework started the charity and look back at some of the posts on THIS forum.. Look up Bozalan... for a start... THIS FORUM has raised more money for The Carnival committee and The 3CS than FB ever has.and continues to have .   You should NOT be offending them and yes you have annoyed me... Do your homework!!!  How long have you been on this committee.? Do not be insulting people who have been there done the T. Shirt long before you came on The Scene..This forum has raised thousands and thousands and still allows The 3Cs to do the auction on THIS site.  While we are at it.. Who do you think organised the Rod Stewart nights in the first place  Liz.. Who do you think used her car at 530 every month? for the boot sales. Sorted the stuff out for the boot sales. Liz.. Accountant? Liz... Bozalan You tube... Ten thousand pounds this forum raised in three weeks... Not everyone is on Facebook or wants to be on your forum....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf