Author Topic: Getting expensive  (Read 13606 times)

Offline charlste

Getting expensive
« on: January 25, 2018, 19:14:05 PM »
After many years of hotels in calis, this year we have decided to stay longer and rent an apartment or villa.
The prices of a basic 2 bedroomed apartment are very expensive and coupled with the rising prices in flights its starting to get a bit pricey now.
We love calis but when you think how basic calis is its making us think about going somewhere else next year.
Anybody else thinking its getting too expensive?

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Getting expensive
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 19:16:08 PM »
Yes

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 19:29:33 PM »
Yes Chariste agree, We have been looking at prices in September and they are expensive coupled with costly flights.On the positive side for Calis quite a few of the decent apartments were booked for The first two weeks of September  8)
We love Calis and hope to return this year but are struggling with the prices.

Offline marina

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 20:22:39 PM »
Yes.

We've not booked anything for this year yet, couldn't book early flights as we didn't know when we could go and now the prices of them are ridiculous.  We'd like to rent a private apartment, like we did last year, for a few weeks but the costs are starting to become prohibitive.  We also love Calis and the thought of not going again really saddens us, but it will depend on prices of both flights and accommodation.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 10:23:02 AM »
I booked MCR/DAL with Easy Jet in September when Monarch went bust. 5th May - 16th June, 1 x 23kg hold bag, £346.87. Yesterday I booked exactly the same for a fellow Violet owner, £427.54. Mine also included seat pre-booking. Yesterdays did not!!

Offline MrT

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 10:27:19 AM »
 We booked when the sales were on last year so did OK.  But looking at prices now they are expensive to Dalaman, yet Antalya seem cheaper for some reason.

Offline DavidNicholson

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 10:45:39 AM »
I think rental costs have gone up for two reasons - 1) The cost of compliance with the new regulations has an effect as owners want to pass that cost on, and 2) There are fewer people renting their places out due to the new regulations so when the supply reduces the prices increase.

On our site in Ovacik, there are 24 villas, and it used to be that probably 75% of owners rented out, or at least "rented" to friends at mates rates.  Now there are only three that rent out and they have put their prices up a bit.

Our flights for June/July were under £300 for the two of us, but we have just booked for September and had to pay a tad over £400.  That's from Luton - first lot with Thomas Cook and second lot with Easyjet.  Still not too bad.

Offline davybill

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 11:42:28 AM »
my flight Easter is £29,99 to Birmingham returning £51 very happy with that.

Offline MrT

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 16:37:48 PM »
my flight Easter is £29,99 to Birmingham returning £51 very happy with that.

Id be happy if my and taxi to the airport and transfer to Fethiye cost that, never mind the flight costs

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2018, 17:56:39 PM »
I was considering booking for my grandchildren to Lara Beach in May.. (I need all inclusive for them)  Flights would have been£850 plus luggage and booked seats.. Lanzarote flights were cheaper but the hotels are extortion.. We have finally booked Sarigerme Holiday village and got a child free.. Flights, transfers. luggage all in....£1200

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf