Author Topic: Olympos & Chimeara  (Read 2129 times)

Offline Steve B

• The Hairy Branflake
Olympos & Chimeara
« on: September 05, 2005, 08:50:01 AM »
Well, we are coming over on the 19th of Sep for 2 weeks and cannot wait. We have been plotting out what to do and places to visit and we really fancy seeing Olympos and Chimeara (the place where the where the fire burns from the ground)
Has anyone any ideas of how to get there? Would it be best to hire a car? Is there a Dolmus or coach that goes there from Fethiye? Or even take a boat trip?

Ohh so many questions!

I'm sure you guys will know... AGAIN

Cheers

Steve B

Offline apollo

Olympos & Chimeara
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 09:37:03 AM »
Olympos and Chimera are a lot closer to Antalya than Fethiye. It would probably be easier to hire a car. The route would be the coast road via Kalkan, Kas, Kale and Kumluca. Its quite a pretty coast route and will take about 3.5 to 4 hours from Fethiye.
I am not aware of a Dolmus service from Fethiye, there is only the coastal route bus from Fethiye to Antalya. It does not run very frequently.

Chimera is best seen at night. Climb up there late afternoon or early evening so that you can look around, take some bread and make yourself some toast.Wait for dark to get the full effect. Take a torch for the walk back down.

Offline teresa321

Olympos & Chimeara
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 17:07:15 PM »
Now that is the place I really want to see and I do hope to stay in the tree houses.

http://www.olympostreehouses.com/

Offline Steve B

• The Hairy Branflake
Olympos & Chimeara
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 13:55:50 PM »
Thanks teresa and apollo. sounds just the ticket to me.

Steve B

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf