Author Topic: Turkish animal charity...local  (Read 2454 times)

Offline hubblebubbles

Turkish animal charity...local
« on: March 13, 2018, 14:31:21 PM »
A lovely Turkish lady named Gutcen is doing her bit for  the animals and has opened a charity shop near the big Kipa by the law courts . She is not looking for donations as she has masses of stock but does need customers so if you are near Kipa please call in and see if you can find anything to buy. It is all higgledy piggeldy so it is a case of routing through it as there is so much. She has built kennels in the garden and has a dog with three puppies plus a badly injured dog which has been operated on and is recuperating so he loves a bit of attention.....very friendly.  Last week she also took in a big dog in need of care and the dog  kindly produced no less than 15 puppies !!! The road  is behind Kipa if you walk to then to the  end of the buildings as if you were heading for Fethiye then her place is the last one so very easy to find. She is trying to raise the funds for the vets bill for the dog which needed the operation as Kent Vets kindly operated and is allowing her to pay as soon as she can .

Offline lissa

Re: Turkish animal charity...local
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 15:02:42 PM »
Such a great thing to do, and fantastic of Kent vets to wait for their money. I have also found them to be very helpful and not overly expensive. Maybe put this onto the Fethiye expat zone on FB to reach more people?

Offline grizabella

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 06:55:43 AM »
Gokçen Gokmen Bayram also runs Fethiye Hayvan Dostları the Turkish equivalent of Animal Aid here in Çalış.She is the foremost person responsible for getting the permission for the new Animal Education Centre  near Baba Firin on the Sunday Market road.The shop is well worth a visit.It is a bit of an Aladdins cave but many bargains to be found.Gokçen's mother Şukran is always there from 10am and loves to have people visit.They have also built a dog run for puppies waiting for adoption .The puppies are all healthy and well cared for.I cannot praise Hayvan Dostları enough for the work they do.They also run an Education programme for the school children in the area and have been the group who have sourced the posters which are on the local dolmuş educatiıng people about caring for the street animals.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 08:49:33 AM »
Well done Kents vets they would always be my first port of call if I had an animal who needed a vet, they were fantastic to our dear complex cat who had to be p.t,s a few years back, the day it was done we didnt ask how much it would cost, the chap only charged us 40tl ( £10 at the then xchange rate) he could have charged us anything he liked as there was "no undoing of it"...
Is the shop in Fethiye Gokcen runs opposite the little tost and juice place with the foloured chairs going away from the harbour? If so I went in here last summer I bought a lovely hand made soap and some aromatherapy oil, it was a lovely little shop....
Wel definetely pay the shop near Kipa a visit next month   :)

Offline yabanci

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 09:36:40 AM »
The shop in Fethiye by the Tost and Juice place is called Fethiye Evi which sells organic products from the Fethiye area. The animal charity shop by the side of Kipa is open 10.00-14.00 Monday to Saturday.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 20:53:42 PM »
Ok thank you very much I got a bit muddled doesnt take much these days   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf