Author Topic: HAYED (Formerly Animal Aid)  (Read 4837 times)

Offline Brucat

Re: HAYED (Formerly Animal Aid)
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 09:51:33 AM »
Hayed now has a registered charity number in accordance with Turkish law. We also have our own bank account with two treasurers and an accountant to keep control of any monies coming in and going out.There is a meeting this Thursday for all volunteers of both AA and FHD.That means street/pod feeders,shop staff,drivers,TNR volunteers,coffee morning volunteers, table top volunteers,food distributors,etc (hope ı havent missed anyone out)This meeting is at 2pm at the charity building along from the boat co-op in Çalış.Turn left before the bridge and it is behind the small building in front of the basketball court.This meeting is to introduce everyone to the new directors of the charity and explain the new way of working in accordance with the laws of Turkey regarding animal charities.It is also a chance for our volunteers to ask questions and voice any anxieties they may have.These will be treated with the utmost respect.Change is often difficult but with your support we aim to work forward to offer more help to the street animals in Fethiye and Çalış.
Is the meeting at 2 or 3 ? Been told both times now on different sites

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 10:41:31 AM »
Hayed now has a registered charity number in accordance with Turkish law. We also have our own bank account with two treasurers and an accountant to keep control of any monies coming in and going out.There is a meeting this Thursday for all volunteers of both AA and FHD.That means street/pod feeders,shop staff,drivers,TNR volunteers,coffee morning volunteers, table top volunteers,food distributors,etc (hope ı havent missed anyone out)This meeting is at 2pm at the charity building along from the boat co-op in Çalış.Turn left before the bridge and it is behind the small building in front of the basketball court.This meeting is to introduce everyone to the new directors of the charity and explain the new way of working in accordance with the laws of Turkey regarding animal charities.It is also a chance for our volunteers to ask questions and voice any anxieties they may have.These will be treated with the utmost respect.Change is often difficult but with your support we aim to work forward to offer more help to the street animals in Fethiye and Çalış.

Thanks, but you haven't actually answered my question.  I'm not trying to be difficult, I know those that volunteer for the various local charities give up a lot of their time and do a superb job, often under very challenging circumstances.  The fact that all money raised goes directly to the cause, no paid administrators etc, has always been an incentive for folks to donate I'm sure.

what safeguards do you have in place to ensure that funds donated by folks to help animals in the Fethiye/Calis area wont be redirected (best word I can come up with) to "projects" elsewhere or "projects" that don't directly benefit the street animals in the Fethiye/Calis area?

I know AA haven't been as active on CBF as they have been previously, but you do still post requests for help and occasionally publicise fundraising events, so I suppose I'm just looking for a wee bit of clarity in respect of where any money raised will go - now that you are going into partnership with two other organisations.

JF

Offline grizabella

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 14:57:13 PM »
appologies.I mad a mistake with the time of the meeting.It is 3pm NOT 2pm as I previously stated.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf