Author Topic: My May review part 1  (Read 2527 times)

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
My May review part 1
« on: June 04, 2018, 11:19:07 AM »
I thought I would do a review for my May visit 19th to the 28th but also add my flights as well
I had booked my car parking with eazeypark meet and greet at Manchester airport terminal 1
There rep met me at the drop of point only had to wait 5 minutes gave him £38 for the ten days I thought that was a good price
We flew with easy jet at 06:05 so we were there very early in the morning, going through the self-serve bag drop of was quick and easy but going through security was atrocious. The normal entrance for security was closed while they were doing refurbishments so sent us to the very far end of the bag drop off area to a set of double doors that led to stairs down to the security area this had a queue 3 abreast leading from outside the double doors down the 2 flights of stairs into the start of the security area and then the queue waved its way to the x-ray machines  there must have been hundreds of people queueing, we always give ourselves 2 ½ hours but next time it will have to be at least 3.
Easy jet, we had booked the flights when they first came on sale so were very cheap I like easy jet the cabin crew where and always have been very good flight times are ok so all in all very good
Hoppa, if there is just me and the wife we tend to use Hoppa cheap and cheerful just over £9 return when we landed just go to their stand and you will either have a short wait for other passengers or like on this trip shown to a driver and taken to a merc people carrier and straight to calis
Happy days
 8)

Offline marina

Re: My May review part 1
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 21:42:26 PM »
Nice review trainer, look forward to the next part.

Interesting to read about your experiences at Manchester airport security.  Pretty much the same as ours.
We flew out 9th May for two weeks, with Thomas Cook, so same Terminal as easyjet.  Check in was pretty easy and quick for us, it looked packed at the easyjet end though!   ;)  Feeling pretty smug we were then shown where to go for security checks, as you say through the doors at the end of the hall and down a few flights of stairs.  You described it as atrocious, I'd describe it as carnage! 
Since I had a knee replacement 18 months ago I always get pulled on one side after setting the alarms off. At this point I went in one direction, my shoes in another and bags in another and couldn't see OH to see if he'd collected our worldly goods out of the boxes.   He hadn't, because his bag had been pulled out for extra checks.  There were people all over the place not knowing what was happening and where their bags were.  Luckily we'd got to the airport about three hours before flight time so we had enough time after going through security, but anyone leaving it until the last minute would have had a shock  :o

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 10:22:11 AM »
My advice for terminal one is give at least 3 hours and if you are thinking of using one of the lounges don't bother as you will be lucky to get half hour in there

Offline marina

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 10:30:05 AM »
Definitely!

Offline IanK

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 12:43:21 PM »
Went out of Manchester on the 18th with TC.

Paid for Fastrack security but didnt need it - there was only a 5 min wait to get checked.

We were on a 2pm flight though - maybe its the early flights that are a problem?

Ian

Offline marina

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 12:50:12 PM »
Ours was 4.10pm Ian. Got there about 1.15 so not sure what the answer is!   :)

Offline Fran

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 13:05:23 PM »
We had the same issue at 4am. We had a push chair but the assistance/family lane was shut. Had to ask for it to be opened. Took them a while to open it. Felt sorry for the security guy at the top of the stairs, he was getting some stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 13:50:17 PM »
yes our flights where at 6am on the Saturday morning and it was very busy the upside was we didn't have enough time to browse through Next and Monsoon   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf