Author Topic: Jiva Beach v Club Tuana  (Read 4412 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Jiva Beach v Club Tuana
« on: November 06, 2018, 13:01:59 PM »
Sooo weve just had a mini break at both these all inclusive hotels and for us Jiva wins hands down...
It was our first time at Tuana and probably would not rush back, got a good deal so fair does...
Tuana has a nice bit of beach and well kept gardens and a gorgeous huge pool ( which is freezing now but had to give it a go) but the actual rooms are dated and ours smelt like a charity shop, also staff at Jiva were just far more friendly, I know its end of season but honestly some of the staff at Tuana it was like we were a bit of a nuisance at one bar wanting a drink and yesterday an omelette at breakfast, the omelette man just could not wait to get back om his phone...lots of cats at Tuana too which i love cats but dont really want them roaming in restaurant when eating  :(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Jiva Beach v Club Tuana
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 18:23:10 PM »
I would agree Karen, having done both now. Nothing wrong with Tuana and the food was actually really good (drinks selection poor) and yes, the rooms do smell of damp. If you get a downstairs room you can see the damp and salts along the bottom of the walls.

In terms of quality/class (comparing Tuana Bar to the Lagoon Bar at Jiva for example) Jiva is much better, a real cut above - but then it is around 50% more expensive so I guess you get what you pay for.

I'd happily return to either - but I am returning to Jiva so there  :P

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 02:13:27 AM »
So Karennina, I am interested to know how come you ended up getting your break at Tuana, when their web page said it was closed on the days you were booked to go. Glad it worked out for you. 😀

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 17:24:28 PM »
Hi Toky well that saying be careful what you wish for in this life! How i wish my booking had been cancelled and Tuana was shut... after much to and froing with Hotels.com Tuana said they would be honouring the booking as they werent shutting until 7th November...since leaving there Tuesday lunchtime Derek ( husband) has been soo ill and he does not do sickness etc! Its day 3.5 day and iv had to go get him some stuff from pharmacy one of which pills is used for treating dysnetery! The Tuana has lovely pool and grounds but that is it for us we will not be returning! Thank you for asking Toky and your help re my booking   :)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 23:03:10 PM »
ok been to both tuana more for the families and jiva more adult older kids

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2018, 09:34:29 AM »
We will never ever go to the Tuana again even if it were free, quick to take your money dont want to know re hubby being ill...cant believe some of the tripadvisor reviews espec one on the spa as i too had a horrid experience in there, i was too scared to say anything at the time and was so cross with myself after for actually paying for it was also the worst massage Iv ever had...Tuana now firmly off our hotel list along with Rosary Beach and Remer :(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 10:39:20 AM »
What was wrong with the Remer Karen?

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2018, 16:01:42 PM »
Long story re Remer so bear with me! I will say since our time there it has been refurbished and folk say good things about it but we dont wish to try it again...Sooo ( drumroll) we were booked to stay for a night  a few years back at Remer when it was all-inclusive, rocked up and were told we couldnt stay there so would be staying at Rosary Beach over the road and coming back to Remer for food and drinks etc...at that point when it was all-inclusive the food and drink was of a very poor standard, weak beer cheap nasty food and soo many cats, ( not to eat) Im a cat lover but they were trying to get on tables at mealtimes, none of it was a nice experience and to us there are far nicer hotels to stay at   ;)
This was also when we found we did not like the Rosary beach either, horrid bathroom and what a grumpy ole fella on reception shaking his fist cos I interrupted him watching telly when I dared ask very politely for a spare pillow! 

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2018, 23:16:09 PM »
been going tuana now six years and booked again 2019 the kids adore the place and we also are relaxed when we go x

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2019, 10:39:25 AM »
We are off to the Jiva tomorrow for 10 nights and looking forward to going back to Fethiye.  Its also been a VERY long time since our last post!  A good few years anyway.  We first started going to Fethiye over 30 years ago when students, been travelling most years since but very infrequently since we sold our apartment in Deliktas in 2010.  Can remember this end of Calis beach when it was just a beach and the Surf Cafe (not sure if it is still there or indeed the same as it used to be?).  Anyway will be stirring lots of good memories so looking forward to our stay here.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf