Author Topic: Any Advice appreciated  (Read 2819 times)

Offline Clarelouise

• Newly Registered
Any Advice appreciated
« on: December 09, 2018, 19:31:01 PM »
Hi, my father passed away in October and owns an apartment in Calis Beach which has been empty now for a while as he was sick and couldn't get over. I am planning on heading over in January to check the apartment, bury his ashes and sort out some legal things but would be grateful for any advice regarding practicalities, such as basic utilities etc. For instance I imagine by now the electric is off, will be straight forward to get it turned on whilst I am there, and also I would be grateful if anyone has any advice for arranging for his ashes to be buried etc. His wife died last year and is buried there, so I was hoping I could perhaps find where she is buried and have him buried with her. Many thanks for any advice.

Offline Bluwise

Re: Any Advice appreciated
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 19:40:52 PM »
First of all, my condolences to you.
Hopefully someone with the right knowledge will be along to advise soon.  Was the apartment on a complex?  It could be that others have one at the same place and could advise you.

Offline Clarelouise

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 19:44:51 PM »
Hi many thanks, and yes I believe it is in a complex, unfortunately I have not been before, but the address I have is for Selvi Evler Sitesi.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 20:33:08 PM »
Hi Claire so very sorry to hear about your father passing away my sincere cobdolences to you also...Selvi Evler sitesi is just up the road from us and we are also going over in January, if you need any help with directions etc please feel free to pm me and Id be happy to help you in any way...there is a cemetery just up the road from Selvi Evler I wonder if maybe your dad’s wife could be buried there but sadly I dont know how to find out this info, Im sure someone on here will know...if its any help the cemetery by us is called Foca Masselli ( second word I cant remember the correct spelling)...

Offline Clarelouise

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 20:43:50 PM »
Many thanks Karennina, I believe the cemetery she was buried at is the one just on the hill, as he told me he could nearly see it from the apartment, hopefully they will be able to help me with arrangements when I get there. Thanks so much for the offer of help, I am just hoping that I can sort out the practical things like the electric and such quickly enough but if I get lost on the way i will certainly message you! thanks again.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 20:52:08 PM »
Did your Dad have a property management company looking after the place Claire?
If so, they should be able to help you.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 20:55:42 PM »
Hi Clairelouise no problem at all, that is definetely the cemetery then that your dad’s wife will be buried in as so near Selvi Evler...we go over on 3rd Jan not sure how long for, please feel free to message me if your there and do want any help with anything...

Offline Clarelouise

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 20:57:26 PM »
Hi Anne, thanks but no not that I am aware unfortunately.
And many thanks again Karennina, I wont be there until about 18th, but perhaps our paths will cross.

Offline yakamoz

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2018, 17:33:54 PM »
Sympathy on your loss.
I'm sure you know - you need to have legal docs i.e death certificate, probate docs etc translated at Notary for banks etc.
Hope all goes smoothly.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf