Author Topic: Hello, Bonjour & Merhaba to all  (Read 1038 times)

Offline brea

Hello, Bonjour & Merhaba to all
« on: February 18, 2006, 13:33:04 PM »
Hi,

I'm totally new at this forum business but I'm diving in!
Glad to know there is a place to exchange ideas, interests and possibly get to meet more folks.
I am from Montreal, Quebec, Canada and therefore cannot be singled out as a 'Brit', with my Franco-Native American ancestery. Absolutely no offence, just sharing a cultural and geographical difference. Most ex-pats in this area share same the origins but I'm out in left field coming from Kanukland. Major difference is we drink more wine than beer.
I've been living in Yaniklar for nearly a year now and am slowly building a life here.
I do plan on staying since the weather is a pleasant change from the sub 0's, and the people, the landscape and the history still fascinate me.
My boyfriend is Turkish therefore I am in the process of learning my fourth language. Cok zor!
Voila! I'll be checking out the 'who is who' in the neighborhood...and hopefully be able to post my photo soon.
Cheerio!

Brea

:)

Offline teresa321

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 14:12:51 PM »
Merhaba Brea

I have been to Canada a few times (Toronto) and had a brief trip to Ottowa some years ago.  Canada is a lovely country so turkey must have something to get you away from there.  However I suspect your boyfriend might have something to do with it.

Welcome to the forum

Teresa

Offline gt

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 14:39:38 PM »
Hi Brea
        big step from Canada to Turkey hope everything turns out well for the both of you.
Good luck in your new home sure you will meet lots of friends.They all seem a happy bunch over there the ones i have met.
graham/joanne

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 15:42:28 PM »
Hi Brea, welcome to the forum, how did you manage to holiday in Turkey to start with, were you touring round Europe or can you book flights direct. Where did you manage to settle. Alan

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 16:01:04 PM »
Hi and welcome to the Forum.....Turkish is certainly Cok Zor but stick with it and maybe you can change zor to kolay. :)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 16:28:42 PM »
hello and welcome.lucky you already living in turkey ,hope you get lots of info on here.like you turkish will be my 4th language to learn i  already speak  
canadian:P
american :)
australian :D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 16:30:10 PM by puma »

Offline tel

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 21:03:05 PM »
Hello Brea,
Welcome to the forum
Tel

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo