Author Topic: Cheap Travel Insurance for people with illness etc.,  (Read 6958 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Cheap Travel Insurance for people with illness etc.,
« on: July 06, 2015, 15:29:57 PM »
This is on F.B. today.  A message to one of my friends.
Thought it might be of interest here.
I know nothings of this company, just passing on information.   :)    ;)

Thought i would share this, i have been trying to get travel insurance for a holiday/wedding i am going to in Santorini in August. Because i have had cancer i knew it would be difficult, anyway i have tried at least half a dozen insurance companies and the prices were staggering ranging from £2,500 (this is for a single 10 trip) £782, £590, etc etc, the lowest i got was £384. I was so annoyed as i have been clear for over two years and even when they insure you it excludes any pre existing conditions, then a lady i work with did a bit of research and came up with a company called insurancewith, (all one word), i put in all my details yet again and it came back with an unbelievable £22.84!!!!!! Well not believing my eyes i got someone to check it all, then i rang the company and a lady went through it all with me and said that the price was just that. Please pass this on to anyone who has had a serious illness it is brilliant, their phone number is 0845 8 687 234 and the website is insurancewith.com

Offline SteveJ

Re: Cheap Travel Insurance for people with illness etc.,
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 15:52:13 PM »
My partner has used them several times. The first time she rang them she spoke to the lady who owns company who was working on a Sunday morning because one of her staff had rung in sick that day. Jean had a long chat with her about the difficulties of trying to get travel insurance when you have a life threatening or terminal illness. It transpired that this lady was in this same position several years ago and having tried and failed to get cover at a reasonable cost she decided to set up her own travel insurance company.   :)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 15:59:55 PM »

Thanks both for sharing.   Sounds good.

Offline marina

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 16:53:16 PM »
My daughter emailed me this link earlier today, she'd also seen it on Facebook.  I, thankfully, don't have any serious or life threatening illnesses but enough 'medical conditions' for the insurance people to go into overdrive when quoting, that's if they insure at all! 

I must admit I was rather sceptical when I read it but now after reading Steve J's post I will definitely give them a try when our annual policy runs out in October.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 16:56:33 PM »
Really useful post for a lot of people. thank you.  ;D

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 11:02:10 AM »
Just been speaking to them, unfortunately their long stay cover has an age limit of 65. :( :(

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 14:17:10 PM »
Hi Don

Could you have a series of holidays in Kaya say, interrupted with a few one day holidays to Rhodes ect.

over a six month period.?     ;)

Offline patrice

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 14:57:19 PM »
Thanks for sharing Jacqui  8)

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 17:29:23 PM »
Keven since we stopped travelling overland to Turkey in 2013 we have looked at many options but have not come up with anything suitable.

Our neighbours in Kaya have the same problem. They are in there late 70's and half way through their winter stay they go home to the Uk for a month or so. We don't want to do this so we will carry as we have done for the last 2 years.

Offline sadler

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 17:48:57 PM »
What is considered a long term stay by the insurers Don?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf