Author Topic: University for the Aged  (Read 1974 times)

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered

Offline sadler

Re: University for the Aged
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 09:03:21 AM »
We have been members of U3A here in UK for some time. Excellent opportunity to meet people who have similar interests. Keeps the grey matter exercised. Also an opportunity to dip the toe into various subjects which I wouldn’t have thought of looking at. I belong to photographic, family history, book reading, lunch bunch, waiting for a line dancing group to form and thinking about joining a history group. We also have a Nordic walking group which we attend weekly, brilliant for exercise and coordination for my husband as it helps with his Parkinsons. Brilliant organisation. The only problem is that we are running out of hours in the day!   :)

Offline WendyA

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 09:37:52 AM »
Excellent - we are members in the U.K., like you, Francis. Loads on here. Our group has 600 members and there are 4 others in very close proximity. I attend table tennis, questers (trips out), travel and film clubs, walking groups, local history and gardening (and am hosting a scrabble group this afternoon!), but there are many more ‘educational’ ones too. It’s a really good idea. Well done again, Fethiye.

Offline sadler

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 19:16:59 PM »
For those who are put off by the title of this thread, it is not the University of the Aged, it is the University of the Third Age. The first age is growing up and getting educated, the second age is working hard and bringing up a family, the third age having bought up the children and  no longer working full time. There is no lower age limit but that said most members are of a certain age.   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf