Author Topic: kayakoy  (Read 3564 times)

Offline cassie5

• Newly Registered
kayakoy
« on: May 06, 2019, 16:48:12 PM »
we are staying at the jiva beach hotel  calis  from the 10th-24th one place we defo want to visit is kayakoy as last year we had to cancel due to illness i would just like some tips going to kayakoy independently as we thought booking through our rep or travel companys worked out a lot ,and i thought with what you pay my partner and myself could bus it there,have our lunch and free to how long we want to stay for.so i would be more than happy for info regarding this topic about getting there nice places to eat there .

Offline Bluwise

Re: kayakoy
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 18:13:13 PM »
You can catch a Dolmus outside Jiva to Fethiye then change to the Olu Deniz one (then I think you would have to get off at Hisaronu - not sure if they go direct but someone will tell you on here I'm sure)  You could get a taxi into Kayakoy from Hisaronu or like I said,  probably another Dolmus.  Cheap and cheerful way to travel.  Lots of places to eat in Kayakoy but I'll let others recommend as we've only eaten in two of them.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 18:16:44 PM »
Catch a Kayakoy dolmus from the side of the big mosque, the Yeni Hamidiye Cami, in Fethiye. They say clearly on the front screen that they're going to Kaya and some will also be going further on to Gemiler Beach.

There are plenty of very good restaurants in the centre of village, so you'll have plenty of choice from the recommendations that you'll get from other members. Some have pools that you can use for unlimited time providing of course that you buy some food and / or drink while there.

Avoid Tuesday afternoons as the tours that have done the Tuesday Market, generally come up there for lunch. Sundays can also get very busy because of the number of Turkish visitors.

If you're fit and decide to walk across the hills to Oludeniz, don't set off after 3pm as the sun drops very quickly and, in the event that you miss one of the waymarkings, you don't want to be finding your way in the dark. Take at least a litre of water per person. Wear sensible shoes or trainers. Make sure you have a mobile phone and let someone know what your intentions are.

Offline jan deli

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 20:24:44 PM »
there’s a lovely restaurant in the village called Cin Bal. Its set in a garden where you’re given a ready to cook on bbq. You choose your meat or fish by weight and there’s a wide selection of side dishes, salads They also do ready cooked lamb from the oven again sold by weight.Avoid weekends as it’s busy with local families but its really lovely to go late afternoon, take a jacket as it can get a bit chilly up in the hills in the evening.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 19:14:30 PM »
If you do go up into the hills you might be lucky enough to find some porcupine quills along the paths. Very useful if you're an angler. However, the chances of seeing a porcupine are very slim as they're nocturnal. I caught a very brief glimpse of one on our land in the early evening one August.

Offline davybill

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 20:53:30 PM »
I went there it's like a Ghost town,😎😎😂

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 20:58:14 PM »
Nobody's ever said that before.  ;)

Offline Menthol

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2019, 21:32:48 PM »
If you do go up into the hills you might be lucky enough to find some porcupine quills along the paths. Very useful if you're an angler. However, the chances of seeing a porcupine are very slim as they're nocturnal. I caught a very brief glimpse of one on our land in the early evening one August.

I've also been very lucky to see one, the very first year we lived here. It was in the daytime too, ambling along the lane just over our garden wall. I think it had been disturbed by the goats munching through the trees and grass.

Offline davybill

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2019, 07:54:12 AM »
Nobody's ever said that before.   ;)
it was when you moved in Kkob😎😎😋

Offline MrT

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2019, 10:50:09 AM »
I Love Kayakoy one of my favorite places

Always visit when Im over.  The walk to Oludeniz is spectacular ( worth going with someone who knows it if your unsure about walks and markings ) seen a few get lost over the years )

I have stayed there for a couple of nights a few times, The Villa Rhapsody is a great place to stay.  The last time we visited we booked a small traditional one bedroom cottage with a plunge pool in Kinali from Air B&B Idillic.

Back in 2 weeks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf