Author Topic: Calis Beach Promenade  (Read 4641 times)

Offline laytos115

Calis Beach Promenade
« on: July 05, 2019, 12:52:59 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I have recently been told that they have or are planning to stop cycling alone the front on Calis Beach, is this correct! We tend to rent bicycle’s when we come to stay as we stay around Gunlabasi, so it’s a bit of a trek to the beach everyday. So we were surprised to hear this if it’s true my question is why!

Offline cenk

Offline Christie

Re: Calis Beach Promenade
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 13:41:39 PM »
There are four signs banning cycles, motor cycles/scooters etc on the promenade  just as you enter the prom plus more at the end near the Mutlu,  so yes they are all banned and people have been stopped and fined if ignoring the signs.  It got so dangerous along the prom, with cyclists, electric scooters, etc  going up and down, it was an accident waiting to happen.   There is a road running along the back of all the restaurants along the prom which  gives access to all the restaurants  or beach.

Offline laytos115

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 13:54:49 PM »
 Thank you for your replies at least we know before we come to Calis. One last question, are we allowed to push the bikes on the promenade.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 14:43:26 PM »
In effective pushbikes have been banned along the prom but we have seen so many folk still riding bikes along there I  don’t think it’s being adhered to!

Offline IanK

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2019, 16:25:26 PM »
Thank you for your replies at least we know before we come to Calis. One last question, are we allowed to push the bikes on the promenade.

Yes you can walk with your bike - but you are not allowed to ride them (sadly).

Ian

Offline wickwilly

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2019, 18:53:02 PM »
I walked along the prom yesterday at around 1100 am. Counted 14 people cycling, 2 electric buggies and 4 motor scooters.  No one was stopping them !!!.
WW 

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2019, 21:02:12 PM »
Seems like the signs aren’t prominent enough OR people just don’t care because people are still using bikes, scooters and the like on the beach front day and night.

Offline Clioman2

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2019, 16:04:54 PM »
it's all very well making rules but if they aren't enforced rigorously then you may as well not bother in the first place. We're back from 23 nights and there is no consistent action taken so it's just like any other year...

Offline daveG

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2019, 17:39:31 PM »
We too returned last month and sadly did note a number of accidents-near misses on  the Fethiye front keyside.
The cause of these were that pedestrians not being aware (holidaymakers from lots of different destinations) what the blue areas were, cyclists going either out of the blue designated areas to miss  said pedestrians-animals etc at SPEED (surprise-surprise) Sitting at one of our favourite areas (outside Carnival on keyside) there appeared no  reduction in traffic-mopeds-mobility/electric scooters etc or cyclists. I have got time for
all of these-but it's SPEED again that causes most of the problems. :angel:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf