Author Topic: Rate Calis Hotels  (Read 6582 times)

Offline blueclad

Re: Rate Calis Hotels
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2019, 09:24:20 AM »
Our list would be... oykun hotel as our top choice .  kann  hotel our next choice, and tugay as or 3 rd choice

Offline daveG

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2019, 10:52:11 AM »
Mutlu for me

Offline Christie

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2019, 12:59:36 PM »
When we first went to Calis some 20 years back, we thought it was lovely staying in such basic rooms as were available then.  We stayed at Seril 2, then moved to the front staying at the Bahar, Ceren, Seketur, Area, Gunes.  Not sure about the Bahar, but the others surely need updating and modernising, we are now obviously 20 years older and want nicer modern rooms so for us the Delta is the best  we have found, and having found it a few years back, we have returned twice a year ever since.   We did stay at the Nevada Spa which we liked, but unfortunately they had a system in place where you could not take drinks into the hotel (including water !) also we prefer to be on the front so although it is a nice hotel we don't like where  it is.   There are some lovely hotels along the front, cannot understand why the owners don't update them and charge more, perhaps they just don't have the money, but a lot of good hotels with pools are desperately in need of modernising and people will gradually stop going for the 'quaint and basic' experience and opt for the more modern ones.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2019, 13:27:32 PM »

Offline TOSH TOSH

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2019, 21:59:56 PM »
8 years ago we stayed at the Rimer Hotel, excellent in every way, then we bought our villa 8)

Offline TIGER

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2019, 10:51:54 AM »
we have stayed in Calis for the past 17 years, my list are for different reasons.
the first 4 years we stayed in a fantastic apartment right near the large pool in Tellimoss (spelt wrongly  sorry ) we took 3 kids and we felt so safe. the kids were 4, 12, and 17.. The 17 yr old had a friend with him and they just hired a scooter and "blitzed" it was a real growing up time for him . My daughter of 12 made friends with 2 girls that had apartments on the site and would walk round to the beach that was then known as " Helens" beach .. that was also her first taste of freedom and our little chick at four played in the pool with all the Turkish kiddies , even though they could not communicate they always knew when to go for an ice cream , drinks , or get the water floats . it was wonderful
My hotels in order after the first 4 years are Mutlu (1 st ) for location, and easy going atmosphere .
nu 2 is Club E.. lovely gardens, really clean cut. And then Delta, but I missed not having a pool.

Offline daveG

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2019, 12:51:42 PM »
Like Christie, our staying goes back over 20yrs, so,
Taurus for several yrs (since re-branded-nr Harman)
Grand Vision "
Old Mutlu and then the rebuilt New Mutlu.
So It is- New Mutlu for me.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2019, 18:50:30 PM »
Blimey, where do I start!

As requested I guess at the top so for me The Mutlu was overall the best experience taking everything into account.

From then on I can't honestly say I've not had a bad hotel along the prom & I've stayed in at least a dozen now. My expectations are always nothing more than a hot shower at any time of day, clean bedding & a warm welcome. I've managed to get all of those except 1 very late night arrival & obviously disturbed the night porter from his game of cards with a Raki or 3 but he was fine the rest of the holiday so he was forgiven. Yes, I've had some experiences with cleaners missing the room etc. but with a quiet word they have been put right without fuss. Any one of the seafront hotels beats a boring airport "Hilton" by a mile, you have to accept the quirks as part of the fun.

I've never stayed in Fethiye so can't comment on those nor have I stayed AI so yet to sample Jiva, maybe 1 day I'll try it but until then it's whichever hotel on the prom does the best b&b deal that gets my money as Calis itself is far more important than the name on the hotel door.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2019, 18:57:15 PM »

I can't honestly say I've not had a bad hotel

Hang on Mark I'm still trying to work out whether you have or haven't :D

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2019, 19:51:19 PM »

I can't honestly say I've not had a bad hotel

Hang on Mark I'm still trying to work out whether you have or haven't :D

Doh! I CAN honestly say!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf