Author Topic: Dalaman to Calis Beach - Shuttle Transfer  (Read 7522 times)

Offline scouser2

Dalaman to Calis Beach - Shuttle Transfer
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 09:13:17 AM »
My wife only ever uses transferonly.com. It can be difficult booking on line , so she always makes her booking by phone.
Another important factor is that transferonly.com operate all year round, and not just in the season.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 09:14:57 AM by scouser2 »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 09:21:40 AM »
Can someone tell me, are these shuttle companies actually new competition for the traditional ones we all know? Sounds like a daft question - but what I mean is, are the vans branded Transfers4u or whatever, or not branded at all, or are they in fact local transfer companies already known to us working with these web based companies?

Offline posleeds

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 09:34:38 AM »
Quote from Transfers4u (Hotels4u.com) paperwork;
"Hotels4u.com are acting as a retail agent for Yesil Dalyan Travel - Transfers with whom your client's transfer is booked"

So yes, an old established business in Turkey, not a new one-affiliated with Thomas Cook in the UK.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 09:36:47 AM by posleeds »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 09:43:17 AM »
Ah right, thanks. I was wondering where all these new companies had sprung up from. Knowing Turkey a bit as I do, had they been new kids on the Dalaman block it would be surprising that the existing transfer companies hadn't thrown their toys out of the pram.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 12:46:10 PM »
We've used transferonly.com many times and always book family transfers too.
Really easy website, always prompt, in fact a little bit early.
Only confusion was knowing where to find them when you come out of the airport as we assumed they would be standing with name boards

Offline busybee

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 14:58:35 PM »
We us A-B Transfers, very easy to book on line, get a printed voucher and have operating companies in nearly every country in the world.  They have an office in Calis (near the Devlet Hospital) and you ring them to confirm your transfer back.  Think they will only drop you at a hotel but easy for us as only 30 seconds from the Kaan.  You are nearly always near a hotel here, so a 5min taxi from your drop off point is not a problem.  Price usually £15 or less and last October had a sale and my friend got a transfer for £7 return!!!!

Offline SamannWard

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 15:25:01 PM »
Can anyone suggest a hotel near to SOKAK 840. My apart is there and would like to use a shuttle company on my trip in July, but will need a nearby hotel to be dropped at. Thank you for your help and advice.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 15:41:23 PM »
Hmmm not great hotel area that - 840 is in Akarca if that helps anyone - between the Korfez offices (opposite the Calis Market shop) and the sea but I can't think of any hotels near there so over to someone else for that part  :)

There's a hotel nearish to the Opet Petrol station but I can't remember the name...Kilim Apartments perhaps?

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2011, 14:11:04 PM »
Just to update this: Had a private car transfer back to the airport last night, 1 lady collected in Ovacick & me from Calis & straight to the airport, 2nd in the queue for check in before the buses arrived so extra leg room seats with no problem, all in all a perfect end to what could have been a sticky problem!

Offline CaroleandTayfun

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2011, 14:28:28 PM »
"Can anyone suggest a hotel near to SOKAK 840. My apart is there and would like to use a shuttle company on my trip in July, but will need a nearby hotel to be dropped at. Thank you for your help and advice"

Samann, we generally ask for a local hotel, or nearby local landmark, as a drop off point for private addresses, so in your case you could put Korfez offices or Opet Petrol Station then just direct the driver (if he's amenable)to where you really want to be.  Hope this helps!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf