Author Topic: Liquids in handluggage  (Read 1139 times)

Offline Carolyn1957

Liquids in handluggage
« on: August 18, 2011, 19:49:09 PM »
Hi, can anyone who has flown from Dalaman recently tell me what the latest position is with regard to carrying liquids in hand luggage? Also is it the same in Domestic and International Terminals?
We're due to fly to Istanbul shortly on a THY domestic flight and then on to Brisbane with Emirates.
According to Turkish Airlines liquids of not more than 100ml each (max 1 ltr in total) can be carried in hand luggage in re-sealable plastic bags - much like the UK airports. Last winter when we flew from Dalaman all liquids were confiscated whether 100 ml or less. As much as I'd like to carry perfumes etc in my hand luggage I don't want to be relieved of them after check in and I know from past experience that Dalaman seems to make up the rules as it goes along!
Thank you

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Liquids in handluggage
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 20:22:26 PM »
Yes that's still the current position whether domestic or international ie 100ml max. Maybe because it was relatively new last year there was some confusion, but it's the container size & not the content that is important. Ie if the container is 150ml, with only 50 ml in it, it will be confiscated, whereas a 100ml container with the same amount of liquid won't
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 20:26:16 PM by Liz 101 »

Offline cheers

Liquids in handluggage
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 21:11:47 PM »
No liquids in a container over 100ml is allowed.  We even had our toothpaste confiscated in May.  Wouldn't normally bring a part used tube back but it just got thrown in the case.  They made us feel like criminals!

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Liquids in handluggage
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 22:54:20 PM »
Just reading this got me thinking how many mils in a miniature short, because my sister-in-law always takes a see through bag with all her miniatures in on full view and has never had anything take off her, is this a Huyton thing.  ;) pity I dont drink on the plane, :P

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Liquids in handluggage
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 05:07:57 AM »
A standard miniature bottle is 5cl ie 50 ml

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf