Author Topic: Smartphone/Tablet Chargers on TR to UK Flights  (Read 5078 times)

Offline Menthol

Re: Smartphone/Tablet Chargers on TR to UK Flights
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 21:00:59 PM »
I booked my brother's and mother's return flights (Dalaman to Luton, this Saturday) and Monarch sent me this:

Hello,

Thank you for choosing to fly with us.
The UK government has recently introduced new security measures affecting all flights from Turkey to the UK. Electronic items including laptops, iPads, tablets and e-readers will need to be switched off (not in sleep or standby mode), packed into hold luggage and checked in for your upcoming flight with us. These electronic items will not be allowed in the aircraft cabin with you. Please also note that power banks/portable power sources or spare or separate device batteries are not allowed at all on your flight from Turkey, either in the cabin or hold, and we will be required to take these off you, so please do not bring with you on your trip.
For further information, please see here.
There will be additional searches at the gate and we will be required to take any items found that are not allowed in the cabin under the new security measures, and place these in the hold.

To help you with this, we will increase the paid for hold luggage allowance by 3kgs (up to a maximum of 26kg per bag) free of charge to allow for the additional weight of electrical items. This will be automatically added to your baggage allowance.
We highly recommend that all your belongings, including your electronic items, are covered by your insurance. Please check your insurance policy as electronic gadgets are often not included. Should you require it, we have made gadget insurance available from Monarch here. Monarch will not accept liability for any damage to or loss of electrical gadgets in hold luggage. You may also wish to consider luggage that is lockable.
Because of these new security measures, online check in will not be available on flights from Turkey to the UK. Check in will be at the airport only. Check in for flights from Turkey to the UK will open three hours before departure and close 60 minutes before departure. Please ensure you allow sufficient time.
The maximum size allowed in the aircraft cabin is Length: 16.0cm, Width: 9.3cm, Depth: 1.5cm. Therefore, most mobile and smart phones will be allowed into the cabin with you. However, please consider your entertainment needs before boarding the aircraft.

Offline charlste

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2017, 12:24:11 PM »
Is a 3 pin usb charger ok to put in the hold?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2017, 12:55:49 PM »
Yes  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf