Author Topic: Hello, we are visiting in April  (Read 8106 times)

Offline Lotty

Re: Hello, we are visiting in April
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2014, 11:28:52 AM »
Menthol and Hamlet, I loved your comments on the stuffed dolmus! Laughed my head off and I need that today. Hilarious & clever responses  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2014, 15:26:39 PM »
If you like to walk and explore then April is the perfect month.

You can get the Dolmuş to Fethıye and another to Kaya and then walk from Kaya to Ölüdeniz and then get the Dolmuş back to Fethiye from there.

You can also do part of the Lycian walk from the top of Ovacık (starting just past the roundabout where the Dolmuş goes down to Ölüdeniz) to Faralya and again get the Dolmuş back. That would need to be an early start as there are limited buses back and that is a longer walk.

Also walking from Çalış to Fethiye is a pleasant walk now the kordon is all but finished.

And if you fancy hiring a car then there is this useful guide on places to visit just a half or full day out from Fethiye.

http://www.makeholidaysgreener.org.uk/images/media/Turkey_driving_route_booklet_opt.pdf

Offline marina

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2014, 16:34:56 PM »
You certainly don't need to wait until the end of May to get the best of Calis.  We always visit middle two weeks or thereabouts.  One or two places still not open when we arrive, but just getting ready to, but majority are open.  Water taxi is running by then.  Weather can be lovely during the day (just right for walking) and turn just cool enough on an evening to be comfortable to sleep.  Plenty of people about but not overcrowded (although you may still have to wait to get a table at The Meeting Point!  ;D  ;)

Certainly one of our favourite times to come.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2014, 17:17:01 PM »
My daughter, son in law and granddaughter visited the last week in April last year and we had the pool filled early for them.  They had a great time and the weather was very warm,  My Granddaughter was in the pool every day.
We usually go the last week in May and the first two in June. Nice time, quieter, long light nights and no school children on holiday.

Offline Commander

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2014, 19:53:19 PM »
I will be visiting with my 7 year old boy in April, Telmessoss, Koca Calis we plan to do lots of cycling Sunday market Calis, Tuesday market Fethiey (cycle to calis and catch a dolmus). I plan to check out if any of the hotels with Turkish baths have indoor pools for a swim. It will be cool enough to visit one or two sites that are too hot to for us in August, Tilos, Kaya Koy etc. You should be able to have a good time. 

Offline Sunny Boy

• Newby
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2014, 23:23:10 PM »
April is a lovely time to visit a nice stroll in to Fethiye where you can enjoy a meal amongst the locals, not many pools if any will be open but if you want the pools then come in June July, but you will miss Calis at a beautiful time of year and as I said plenty of good places in Fethiye to enjoy a relaxing meal.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2014, 09:39:29 AM »
I will be visiting with my 7 year old boy in April, Telmessoss, Koca Calis we plan to do lots of cycling Sunday market Calis, Tuesday market Fethiey (cycle to calis and catch a dolmus). I plan to check out if any of the hotels with Turkish baths have indoor pools for a swim. It will be cool enough to visit one or two sites that are too hot to for us in August, Tilos, Kaya Koy etc. You should be able to have a good time. 

I think you are going to be unlucky with indoor pools,  they tend not to have them in our area.  I recall someone saying, a few years ago, there was one in a Ovacik Hotel.

Offline angela

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2014, 11:02:59 AM »
we came over last week in March a couple of years ago, and loved it as much as we love the summer, but we are easily pleased, sunshine sparkling on the sea, birds singing, flowers etc and excellent walking weather, what's not to love, but different if you need to keep kids/teenagers entertained.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2014, 18:44:09 PM »
There's an indoor pool at Sunset Beach I believe.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2014, 19:31:40 PM »
I read about that one on T.A. Bluwise, but the people who stayed there were complaining that this pool is not heated it's always cold and a lot of them were really disappointed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf