Author Topic: Basic advice for potential buyers  (Read 40787 times)

Offline Jane

Basic advice for potential buyers
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2004, 18:06:50 PM »
Hi Scunner

As you know scuner we have a villa between Calis and Fethiye and could not think of anywhere nicer to live, so much so we are moving out there perminately within the next year. We have lovely sea views with no horrible grassy bits between us and it and unlike Calis we do not suffer from Mozzi's and the other people who have bought on the Maro sitesi feel the same.Knowone can build in front of us as we are on the sea front, nor can they build behind us as we own the land, to the righ of us a very rich politician has extensive vila's which are not for sale and that he uses for the odd weekend. we also have a dolmus stop at the end of the road and the front is now blocked to through trafic.  SHEER BLISS.

Offline ronnie

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2004, 20:55:55 PM »
Hello everyone.im new to this site but not to Turkey.i live here and can say the grassy area mentioned cannot be built on and wont as its a bird santuary.i am also in the property business and can say the areas between Fethiye and calis are becoming popular with people who want to be away from the hussle and bustle yet only 15 minutes from either resort,which isnt that long in many peoples eyes.i do get lots of mail from people wanting property next to the sea and you are correct when you say the price reflects the location.Remember the first tremor and we can all go scuba diving together.

Offline Archers

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2005, 21:46:00 PM »
Hi everyone
We bought from Golden Moon and I can say we didn't get any of that jargon. I was shown a variety of places, but it's true when they say you know when somewhere feels right.  Soon as I walked in the villa at saglik I knew this was the one. Mete and staff have been very friendly and helpful.  Would recommend them.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2005, 00:14:12 AM »
Debbie,

We are also on Saglik and I too got that instant feeling about the place. What number are you and where is you villa in relation to the pool? We are almost opposite the pool - number 19.

Stoop

Offline gmoon

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2005, 18:25:03 PM »
Thank you very much Debbie & Eddy
Me and my team are always here for you
Mete

Offline Archers

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2005, 18:26:02 PM »
Stoop

I know i'm a bit late but were number 89? We'll be there from 15.08.05 so hopefully you see us at the pool (you'll probably hear the kids first)

Debbie

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2005, 19:34:45 PM »
Debbie,

Sorry but I might not be there when you go but I know Legless and his wife, Margaret, go out on the 19th. They own the villa next door to our's.

Have a great time.

Stoop

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2005, 05:09:55 AM »
dont be too shure about sea views here if they can build in front of you they probably will, i thought i had a safe seaview over the harbour in the centre of fethiye, however looking at the new town plan recently i see they are planning on extending the harbour and filling in the sea for about 100mtrs and builing a coach park there, i will still have a sea view but the sea will be futher away.!! i have also seen plans in the past (with my own eyes ) of land reclemation, from a point halfway from fethiye to calis where the little fishing boat marina is to a point at the end of the fethiye end of chalis beach, this was put on hold a few years ago due to lack of funds, even the birds would loose thier sea view. so i dont think anyone can be complacent about their views here, as things do change and you have to expect the unexpected

Offline What

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2005, 06:19:51 AM »
That seems like a good idea. Why not fill in across to the island? Land prices are so high that being able to 'make more' must be very attractive. The Dutch have done it for years on a far greater scale. Now there is no wildlife area to speak of left in Calis, there is nothing to protect. Most of the bay is a sand bank anyway, so there is not much in-filling to do.
The 'lack of funds' issue goes away as the price of land rises.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 06:23:02 AM by What »

Offline doll

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2005, 19:26:28 PM »
stuart
where did you see plans
and can anyone ask to see them?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf