Author Topic: Residency and IntaSure Ins....BEWARE  (Read 3482 times)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Residency and IntaSure Ins....BEWARE
« on: July 11, 2010, 11:12:52 AM »
I was just looking into renewing insurance, and found this article from Voices Newspaper, Ok if you are not resident and only use as a 2nd home in Turkey.
Full time residence with Intasure, Beware.

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 14:44:42 PM »
No sure what this actually impacts as I thought the only compulsory insurance was Dask?  If the insurance company is prepared to underwrite a property and pay out on claims does this actually matter?

Offline mrkeith

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 16:36:02 PM »
You will find that the dask is covered by a second policy taken out on your behalf by intasure as I understand it though I do not use them myself

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 19:20:05 PM »
Hi MrKeith. Yes - I know this and use Intasure myself as Ive found them very cheap. Just dont understand how this government perspective can impact anything.

Offline milliemars

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 12:06:49 PM »
When we were trying to get our Tapu we had to have Dask insurance which we arranged here,although our buildings contents is with Intasure,the insurance agent here checked that intasure were registared here which it was through  a company in Istanbul,he said the insurance with Intasure was fine.

Offline mrkeith

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 12:14:34 PM »
When you take out a dask insurance the money is pooled by the goverment into a disaster fund as if there were an earthquake or the likes the chances are it's going to affect a large area, they are sayng that they want people to use companies in Turkey but it does't have to be a Turkish company,so you could for instance use HSBC if they offer this service

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf