Author Topic: 3 years yeah!!!  (Read 1551 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
3 years yeah!!!
« on: August 01, 2010, 11:35:32 AM »
Today marks 3 years since we came to live in Fethiye. We have had a few problems yes but on the whole the best move we have ever made. We have never been happier. Personally I felt that my life truly began when I came to live here and I mean LIVE. It may change in the future butso far so good.I always think that it depends on what kind of life you had in the U.K before you come out here well ours was pretty crap so Fethiye seviyoruz. !!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
3 years yeah!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 11:50:52 AM »
Three years? I would have said quite a bit longer. Anyway, Fethiye life agrees with many - especially retirees who take everything in their stride and you always struck me as part of that group. Have a celebrationary Efes  ;)

Offline valleyboy

3 years yeah!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 11:51:15 AM »
Nice post, glad you're happy and made the right move  8)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
3 years yeah!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 12:41:29 PM »
We are 2 years this month and no regrets. Apart from missing family, we get to talk on skype and get loads of pictures of our grandaughter.
 My one piece of advice to anyone coming to live here Is find something to occupy your time, it is to easy to do nothing. I joined the Carnival Committee, we have met many friends ( like Mercury Anne and Barry) and know we are doing our bit for the local community.
Mark

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
3 years yeah!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 13:24:01 PM »
We bought 5 years ago but the first 2 years we stayed for 2 weeks. then 4 then 3 months at a time. It was never enough, so we made the final leap 3 years ago. Of course we miss our family but we see them about 3 times a year. They have better holidays and we have quality times with them in England. Skype is great but is never going to be the same as a cuddle. However these are the choices we have to make when leaving England. Barrie as most people will know had a stroke 20 years ago and we decided that we could not live our lives on "what if" any longer. The difference him since we came to live here is amazing. His health and confidence have really grown. We have great friends. great fun and now a very busy and happy life. The advice we got on here helped us no end. I do think that you need an interest out here and the Carnival is what I chose to get involved with and I am so glad I did. Having said all this we are very lucky where we live. we have good neighbours, no maintenance problems and we have so far had no major problems. I feel for people whose lives have been ruined when their hopes of living in the sun where the same as ours. Anyway off for a dip and an Efes. Thanks everyone and Mark you are a really lovely guy.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
3 years yeah!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 23:16:57 PM »
anne great to hear you have settled in turkey

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
3 years yeah!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 07:29:55 AM »
What a lovely topic. Anne, I think you are very brave to have made the move and it's something I'd love to do, but my husband is not interested. I am torn between the devil and the deep blue sea!
I hope you have many happy years there and keep up all your good work.

:D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
3 years yeah!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 08:17:20 AM »
Your granddaughter is lovely Mark what a good picture.
We would like to spend more time in Turkey when Phil gets early retirement in a couple of years, but I don't think we would like to move permanently. Just maybe spend a few months at a time in Turkey to see how we feel about it.  I also would really miss our Granddaughter if we moved for good.

Offline amanda bullock

3 years yeah!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 08:42:00 AM »
what a lovely post Anne.had the pleasure of meeting you at green valley meet up a few years ago.Great to know that you are here permenantly,you have some brilliant tips .for us "part timers" thank you x

Offline scouser2

3 years yeah!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 10:12:25 AM »
Glad to hear you and Barry are having a good life out here.I agree with you about living with 'what ifs', which is why Marie and I moved here, and health-wise we are so much better.
Long may you enjoy your life out here.
Chris.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf