Author Topic: Oykun Hotel  (Read 10504 times)

Offline blueclad

Oykun Hotel
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 12:32:15 PM »
Just back from  17 days chill out in Calis and met many CBF Members  staying @ Oykun Hotel.
 Our 8 th time  here, we booked Flights ourselves [KTHY],  and the Hotel  & hotel transfers direct with the hotel.
Total cost for both of us on B/B was £546 a real bargain in this fully booked hotel,  with many clients we have met in June over the years again back there which speaks for itself. great owners / staff and so so clean as always

Oykun the owners son is very upset that Thompsons know how popular the hotel is year after year that they have put a massive increase on 2011 prices , So next year, Greedy rip off  Thompsons   will not have so many blocked booked rooms and more will be given to  the Co OP Travel and Jewel in the Crown  holiday companys[  who are there this year ], say only a minor increase of  prices next year   And,, Monarch Holidays who will also have allocated rooms  for the First time next year.

How ever Oykun Hotel Direct  Prices will Not be increased for next year im assured so  Direct book early for next year [ no money to pay till your @ the hotel next year] look out, and book  for early bird discounted flights , count the weeks untill your Calis chill out

Offline Joeblunt

Oykun Hotel
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 12:54:12 PM »
We will certainly book direct in future if we like the hotel and will probably go out there twice a year 2 weeks today and counting!!!! :-)

Offline marina

Oykun Hotel
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 13:34:26 PM »
Ron, thanks for that.  Really helpful information.

Have just said on another topic that Thomson prices are much higher than we paid this year (I guessed this was down to them trying to recoup some of the money they lost during the ash cloud fiasco earlier in the year) and I would be looking around for either another hotel or another way of staying at the Oykun.  

Price increases I expect and accept if they are within reason, but to holiday the same two weeks in May as this year would be about £250 more, an increase of about 40%!!  

Looks like you got a really good deal there, will be checking out flights to see what I can find.

Offline kizkucuk

Oykun Hotel
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 19:01:37 PM »
Oykun will also collect you from the airport for a reasonable price too :-)

Offline Joeblunt

Oykun Hotel
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2010, 12:10:53 PM »
12 days to go and counting! :-)

Offline Kazzie

Oykun Hotel
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2010, 19:38:31 PM »
we go 8 weeks today i have heard so much about this hotel i can't wait.

Offline Brianbern

Oykun Hotel
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 09:39:41 AM »
Have just booked in at Oykun. Excellent hotel--very high standard of accomodation. Breakfast caters for all tastes with your chosen omelettes and pancakes prepared as you wait. Three minute walk takes you down to the beach-front.
 Wifi available in Oykun and staff are extremely helpful---nothing is ever too much trouble.
On arriving at Dalaman your transfer-driver is now waiting down the ramp at the outside cafe area. Usually your driver was allowed to meet you at the exit doors.
Very strict with baggage at Glasgow Airport. £12 per kilo over allowance and only one single bag under 5 kilo in cabin. Gone are 2 litre bottle of spirits allowance.
Duty Free at Dalaman is located in area where you baggage arrives. It is cheaper than Glasgow Duty Free or limited stock available on plane and you don't have the inconvenience of stowing your DF in overhead locker.
My favourite tipple is Metaxa 7 star and is not available in Glasgow. The Duty Free at Dalaman was deserted and it is worth a look round before you negotiate the perils of the baggage carousel.
Hope info is helpful
Cheers----Brian   :)

Offline CAROL BROWNE

Oykun Hotel
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 20:57:09 PM »
are there any cbf members at the oykun 7th aug - 20th . it would be nice to be able to meet some

Offline Gavos999

Oykun Hotel
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 15:36:17 PM »
If i didnt have my mums apartment to stop at in calis id choose Oykun everytime ...we always go there for a turkish bath on our 1st day and its just amazing ...

Thumbs up from me

Gav ;)

Offline Joeblunt

Oykun Hotel
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 14:13:12 PM »
Is anyone staying at this hotel now? I've been trying to contact them via email to check availability for next week (I already have one room booked but now my son & his girlfriend want to come) Plan 'B' - can anyone recommend another hotel as near as possible to the Oykun (B & B) who may have a room?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf