Author Topic: Malahit Hotel...looks fab, but  (Read 7816 times)

Offline fernando torres

Re: Malahit Hotel...looks fab, but
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2015, 18:22:54 PM »
Out in the sticks ???? am I missing something here ?

Offline gillian handbury

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2015, 20:21:45 PM »
Maybe a different Malahit Hotel...we are just at Deniz Ati and Malahit Boutique is 5 mins walk away... The view is amazing!!!  Fethiye to the left...Calis go the right... Bright red quarter moon in the sky above....Luverly....

Offline fernando torres

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2015, 22:30:01 PM »
Gillian, yes it's the same Hotel 5 minutes from Denizati

Offline Lotty

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2015, 23:02:08 PM »
Certainly not out in the sticks, right next to Tansas, approx equidistant to Fethiye and Calis which is why we chose to stay in that area for the last four years. Perfect position in our opinion. We can walk into Fethiye or Calis or just catch one of the constant dolmus' running back and forth.  :D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2015, 07:24:09 AM »
To someone new to the area they might wish to be either Fethiye or Calis and not in the middle and would like to walk out of their Hotel and be nearby to the resort or the town.
I have read reports on the Tiryaki saying it is lovely, but too far from the prom and main street.  A lot of tourists want the convenience of being in the hub of things and don't want to walk or get dolmus.

Offline fernando torres

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2015, 08:44:49 AM »
Lot's of tourists get the Dolmus from Calis into Fethiye day and night and vice versa, out in the sticks this Hotel certainly is not as other members have pointed out, so let's put this topic to bed and start a fresh one

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2015, 09:01:47 AM »
To touriss who do not want to walk or get a dolmus it is out in the sticks.   I know many people who have been coming to Calis for years and have only stayed around the prom and the main street with perhaps a visit to the market or a  trip on the water taxi and staying in near the prom is of great importance to them.
I read T.A. all the time some folk complain the the Harman is too far from the beach also the Kelebek Apartments which is a lovely place and about 15 minutes walk to the prom has been critisied for being too remote.  A Canadian lady on T.A. who had booked into the Yacht Classic and  then she found out where it was in Fethiye immediately cancelled and book an Hotel in the town as she said it was too far out for her to walk or get a bus.
Many regulars and ex-pats know the area well and do not mind a dolmus ride or a walk.  The new tourtist is totally different and staying right  in a place i.e. Calis or Fethiye is important to them.  They do not want dolmus rides or walks after a night out.
I also think it is entirely up to the moderators on this Forum if an item is "put to bed" 

Offline fernando torres

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2015, 10:57:02 AM »
Yes I totally agree with your last sentence

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2015, 11:09:36 AM »
We just had a two night stay at the Tiriyaki and loved it, soooo peaceful and just a two or three minute stagger home from the Shangai Blues, you get half an hour free in the sauna and hamam tho this dies not include a scrub or a person in any shape or form so i went and got a mitt (5tl)and a bar of soap and we did it ourselves  :)
Can anyone please tell me what this hotel was before, i can remember nine years ago walking to the market on Sundays and passing a blue building which looked run down and im sure said something Ockabasi on the side but Mrkarennina says im wrong!
Sorry to have hijacked your thread Jacqui!  ;D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2015, 11:16:42 AM »

I also think it is entirely up to the moderators on this Forum if an item is "put to bed" 
Yes I totally agree with your last sentence

If you two could stop complaining about each other and just hack lumps out of each other in private there would be nothing to moderate in topics about a bleedin hotel

Happy Sunday to all

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf