Author Topic: Residency Yok  (Read 8483 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Residency Yok
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 06:23:16 AM »
Rindaloo - I didn't think it would make it up the hills with 2 of us on - but if you see any doing that journey (on one of these step thru bikes) on your travels I am happy to give it a go???

Ian

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Residency Yok
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 20:55:34 PM »
Hi Ian,you said you wanted it to go to Hisa and Olo deniz occasionally????if it will go there it will def go to Uzumlu.The larger dia wheels were a good choice,best of luck  J

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
Residency Yok
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 08:13:01 AM »
CJ - thanks for the advice - I think we will be trying Hisaronu this week - mid afternoon when it is quiet (and hot!!).
Not sure if I should do that whilst running it in but it does seem to take our weight with no problems - certainly 50 km per hour is fast enough for me  :)

One other point - I thought semi automatic meant I could flick a switch and have full automatic or use the foot pedal gears - but it appears to mean I can stop in any gear and as long as I don't rev up it stays put whilst ticking over - but changing gears has to be done by the foot pedal at all times.

So does that mean my old fashioned approach of trying to come down through the gears as I approach traffic lights is a waste of time and I should really just slow down / stop in 3rd or 4th and then click the foot pedal back to first to start off again?

I still remember how to double the clutch so coming down thru the gears has been a habit of a lifetime for me but I think it is not the way on one of these!!!

Thanks again.

Ian

quote:
Originally posted by captainjon

Hi Ian,you said you wanted it to go to Hisa and Olo deniz occasionally????if it will go there it will def go to Uzumlu.The larger dia wheels were a good choice,best of luck  J

« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 08:15:16 AM by Ian »

Offline kevin b

Residency Yok
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2010, 10:48:01 AM »
Use the gears to slow down thus using engine braking to minimise the wear on brake components.As for the running in I would get oil changed at 500km to get rid of small metal particles that are in the engine from manufacture to prolong the engine life.I knew you would have no problem registering bike as I told you we had no problem with car this Feb with no res permit.Enjoy your riding.

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
Residency Yok
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2010, 16:11:39 PM »
Kevin - hi - thanks for the advice.
I have only got the manual today (after pestering for it) and it appears to say ride at only 25-30 Km ph for the first 300 kms then 40-50 km ph from 300-1000 and then 50-60 from 1000-1500 and then whatever you want - does that sound right for the first 300 kms?

I have been going at a steady 40 Km ph on the open road but it looks like I should slow down and although I like slow - 25-30 is slow!!

Ian

Ps Washed it today - Gill laughed at me!!!!

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Residency Yok
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2010, 17:12:10 PM »
you should be in Istanbul by then:D

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Residency Yok
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2010, 17:12:40 PM »
Did the paint come off[?]:D

Offline kevin b

Residency Yok
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2010, 17:46:42 PM »
40kph should be ok

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
Residency Yok
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 17:51:10 PM »
Cheers Kevin - have managed to translate the relevant page and it says do not exceed 55 Km ph in the first 1500 km and idealy do the speeds suggested above - but I think like you 40 km ph will be ok.

Tinx - Uzumlu is my next long trip  :)

Brian - just got the basics sorted out and now in a routine - will call you tomorrow - just to give you chance to turn the mobile off!!!

Ian (paint still on!!) :D

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Residency Yok
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 19:14:38 PM »
Anyone fancy a trip to Uzumlu?:D not tomorrow though!

When are you planning it Ian?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf